Rick’s 1-87 Mil MI-24D Hind SDV model

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick,

Apologies missed the updates. That has come on very nicely indeed. Well done!! I thought my Huey was small......well I was wrong!!

Keep up the great work.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Rick
Cockpit looks absolutely fine - instruments and belts. There's a lot of masking on this wee beastie. Camo will be fun :rolling:
Jim
Jim, Yeah and I thought that was the hard part.......the canopy was the real B*gger in this one ......still not happy with it but I think I shall have to employ the 2 foot rule in this case. Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
In your dreams JR.........this is by far the most complicated build I have attempted......there is nothing straight forward about it. and if I don't get the sequence right........I don't want to think about what would happen then.......the bin or target practice would seem logical options.:tongue-out3:;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Well it may have tested your patience and skill and you may have considered binning it but you're getting there and it looks good. Love the camo. The canopy on helicopters is often awkward so here's hoping that goes well.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim.......it's been uphill all the way, certainly not my cup of tea, but has got me out of me comfort zone and forced me to look at this build differently, when it comes to whirly wingy things. Glad you are liking it....I'm waiting until I get it finished to decide if I really like it or not. Thanks for stopping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
2 foot rule in force Andrew.....I have a black wash on the top half with dry brush effects to sort of modulate it a little........when dry I have to tip it upside down and do the same for the belly half. By the time I get done with that, it will be a clear coat to seal every thing and hopefully get some more of this thing together.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR.......it's a grind on this one, I forgot to paint the engine exhausts before shooting the fuselage, now I have to very carefully reverse mask over the fuselage to get a clean line at the engine cowl. Can't proceed with the rest of the build till I get all the piddly fiddly painting out of the way!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Much appreciated Gentlemen, I really am glad for the support you have shown. There won't be any photo updates till I get the bottom done and the landing gear in place......after that its the whirly stuff on top along with the canopy and armament. Cheers for stopping by. ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Much appreciated Gentlemen, I really am glad for the support you have shown. There won't be any photo updates till I get the bottom done and the landing gear in place......after that its the whirly stuff on top along with the canopy and armament. Cheers for stopping by. ;)
Looks like you are at piece with it now I was going to have JR call Matron lol.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Actually Lee, I've resigned myself to finishing it as soon as possible so I can move on to something a little less stressful as well as useful.....still don;t know where I'm going to display the durn thang!:angry: