Rick’s 1-87 Mil MI-24D Hind SDV model

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Chris, where ever you wish to park yourself is all right by me. As to your question I'll let the pic. do the talking. I just finished shooting the interior with the closest thing I have to Rooskie Turquoise.....in this scale I think it will pass muster, if not,;) oh well.
Rick H.P1012124.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR, now all I need to do is finish it off inside so's I can join the 2 halves and move on to the next little nightmare project.
:thinking: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Brave indeed.... there's a roll of paper towels next to him.....try and stop him drooling please.... don't want to get flooded out! ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Howdy! Well I have cobbled the cockpit as best I can......I found some old Micro scale decals for some 1/72 scale planes I had years ago......chopped them up and fitted to various panels in the cockpit....not too convincing but close enough for Government Work!! I really cheaped out on the set belts.......found 'em on the sheet and stuck 'em on ........two foot rule is in force here so keep yer distance and don't forget to squint!:tongue-out2:P1012127.JPGP1012128.JPGP1012129.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Now that I have done with the Rooskie tank GB I can focus a little more on this "copter" business. I think all is ready, so I joined the two halves together, but not before bonding a large diameter steel washer, as far forward as possible to keep her from becoming a tail dragger....and we shall see what tomorrow brings. P1012178.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick,

Sorry for behind on this. Good to see you beating it into shape!

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andrew, yeah, I was fore warned about these SDV kits not fitting together too well but if you want a Russian copter in 1-87 scale it's the only game in town.......I am, however, thankful that it isn't a resin model....plastic is much easier on the nervous system!!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2:;) Thanks for stopping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Slowly getting this "crate" together........spent 2 days cutting tape and masking the cockpit, not an easy task considering its size. I just hope the paint does not bleed when I spray the framework. there will be other little masking ordeals as time goes by, not to mention the camo. and the underbelly of this little beast. everything will be hard edged so I will certainly have a few finger cramps before this is over. A few more bits and bobs to add then we can shoot a little color.P1012179.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
G'day All, I finally got through the canopy ordeal and got the lower half of this crate masked and shot with light blue. Once dry I'll reverse mask and shoot the base color of dark green, and when that's dry I'll mask off the camo pattern on that and shoot the top coat of tan and ........and .....there is no end in sight at this point.....P1012180.JPGP1012183.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Rick.

This thang is so tiny, I totally missed your building it Buddy. I don't see anything wrong with the pit. It looks really good to me, especially the seatbelts. It is probably gonna be a real beatch to paint the camo though. Have fun!!!

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right Allen......There seems to be no easy way to do the camo.........I expect this will be me first and LAST (shouting) Chopper build so a bit of an Historical event!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::smiling5:;) Thanks for popping in.
Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi mate :smiling3:
Looking mostly superb there so far,and it's well impressive,moreso, considering the scale buddy;)
Top, TOP stuff indeed!!
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Cockpit looks absolutely fine - instruments and belts. There's a lot of masking on this wee beastie. Camo will be fun :rolling:
Jim