Scale 75 Blaue Division Officer Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8616.JPG100_8617.JPG

As there will be a hiatus with my Celt figure (awaiting new heads) I thought I'd have a go at this bust, another kindly given to me by Richard Pearce. It represents an officer of the Blaue Divvision, which was made up of Spanish volunteers and served in the Wehrmacht on the Eastern Front.

There are two headgear options:

100_8618.JPG

This looks to be a very nice sculpt, so hopefully it will let me relax and enjoy painting it after a couple of recent failures.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh just in time to get a seat, biscuits for my 4 legged friend.
Looks a nice subject.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Yes, should be nice to do.

John - Welcome, but would you mind easing up on the dog biscuits? He's nearly 10 and we need to watch his weight.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Count me in Carruthers.I will squeeze in among the rabble and watch out for biscuit crumbs sticking to me Arris.Will get the Hotel chocolat hot choc machine fired up for choc or frothy coffee.
Proceed,Oops get me glasses first.
Rich.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Peter,

I'm with Neil here! I'll have to go back and look too. I hope this one meets your expectations all around. King Arthur was fantastic with great color combinations too. Did I miss Gandalf the Gray??? Why are you painting Paul Newman now...........I'm so confused........

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi all.

He certainly won't look like Paul Newman when I've finished with him. Theter are a couple of candidates:

truth9za17 (1).jpgtruth9za8.jpg

On the left Pedro Caslderon de la Barca y Lillo, and on the right Jose Maria Ortin Cno.

Allen - Gandalf didn't work out unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another crowd building up, what have you got in the wings?

It seems the crowd is as big as your last lady Russian sniper!

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm, does the head look up to standard for painting?

Sorry to hear Gandalf didn't make the grade, good to hear there could be head rescue for the Celt.

Another grey day ahead so hopefully you might get a little light to start off the Spanish bust

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - Bit matinee idol aren't they?

Steve - Yes, a few watchers and the pressure mounting. The head looks excellent on this one, so I have great hopes - I always panic when I get on a losing streak and it takes a while to re-build the confidence. The ever-shortening days are beginning to put a limit on bench time as well, which is always frustrating. Katherine and I are both in recovery from our granddaughter's nine day visit, which left us on our knees - she's wonderful, but full-on.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Peter,

You're right, He's not Paul Newman...For a dark day, that face looks good I must say. He's got that Sean Penn look..........

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Allen.

Certainly not Paul Newman, Patrick Stewart or Leslie Howard now. I've taken a few more picks, but they're still pretty blurry

100_8642.JPG100_8643.JPG100_8644.JPG

The bust appears to be much smaller than 1/10. I noticed on the Scale 75 website that they originally intended to release it as 1/12. Perhaps that's what they commissioned, but were presented with something bigger - I'd say it was actually about 1/14.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Pics look good to me...No matter who he looks like, you've done another fine job on this one Peter...

Tim, don't show him this blog or he'll think he's a star!!!

Allen