Scale 75 Blaue Division Officer Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great research with that medal, nice one.

The cap looks really well done, well blended and subtle highlights and shading, I am with the chaps on that one.

Your finishes are definitely more blended this year, I guess you can see it in your cabinet, with your older pieces, nothing wrong with the classics and the old masters.

Hopefully a little peace from the chainsaws and possibly a little decent light too, though that seems to be in short supply at the moment and for the foreseeable future too!

West Yorkshire will be in Tier 3 from Monday, but nothing will change for us!

We have been in shielded lockdown since March, and with my knee giving out over a year ago, I guess we have already past the 1 year mark for being almost housebound/locked in.

Here's hoping 2021, rapidly approaching, is a better year for us all!

Have a good day with the field grey

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - Well it certainly needs a bit of touching up and I do feel that it overwhelms the head - the helmet would make a better frame for the face. I'll see how he looks with the jacket done.

Lee - You're all beginning to persuade me to keep it.

Chris - NO ZOOMING!!!!!!!!!

Steve - OK, I'll keep the cap. The main problem with 'improving' technique is indeed that the faults with the older pieces are highlighted. Still, at least that gives plenty of opportunities for re-cycling. The garden is done and funnily enough has let in a lot more light, so that's something, even if it now looks very bald and scruffy (like its owner). Hope you are coping with the lockdown. As you say, we should be getting used to it by now, and for stay-at=home types like us, it makes little difference. I feel it will get a lot worse before it has a chance to get better. It's going to be quite a winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter Yes. Wise choice. I think it will grow on you

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking great, have you slightly changed your painting of the faces, the last couple of figures look different to the previous ones, which still all look fantastic by the way.

D

Deleted member 6559

Lee - It has.

Steve - I'm not aware of changing my technique. It always depends on the sculpt, so perhaps those have been different?

Anyway, he's finished:

100_8665.JPG100_8669.JPG100_8664.JPG

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Peter. You certainly are a painting machine. All to the same exceptionally high standards, a well.
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Absolutely nowt wrong with that at all. A top job all round with a very realistic looking face.

and you will be pleased to know that I resisted the temptation to zoom in too much on my phone!

Another one to be very proud of.

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another great job Peter. The third shot captures those earlier matinee idol photos really well.....

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thanks. I'm lucky to have nothing better to do with my days.

Jim -Thank you.

Andrew. Thanks. Zooming is allowed on a phone, it's full computer screens I worry about.

Tim - Yes, he's very ''Come wis me to the kasbah.''

John - Many thanks. All three photos are an attempt to get an approximate representation of reality. Really poor light here at the moment, so hard to get decent pics.

Neil - Cheers. Quite pleased, but plenty of room for improvement - lots of things I should have done differently in hindsight.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Magnificent Peter.
Couldnt post for a few days as my subscription ran out to the forum.Was iffing and arring about re.subscribing.
pip pip onk onk.
Richard.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It's been said Peter, but I'll say it again brilliant. Uniform colour and the braiding really standout .:thumb2: