Scottie WC56/57 (ST Build)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is my choice for Simons group build. Its the AFV offering. As well as the kit I will be using the Eduard PE set this is not for this kit but the 3/4 ton Dodge WC51/52, the Legend stowage and a bit of scratch. I hope I can do it justice to honour his memory.

DSCF2495.JPG

Sorry but I haven't taken any sprue shots.

I have added the etch bumpers and some cables for the lights. I wont be going over board with the chassis details as it won't be seen.

DSCF2522.JPG

Brake lines have been added to the front axle

DSCF2521.JPG

Finally on the underside the blocky transmission mount was replaced with a scratched mount from some etch plate and soldered up with some added punched bolts.

DSCF2523.JPG

DSCF2524.JPG

cheers
Scottie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Off to a nice start!!!

ATB

Andrew

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ah! The magician has arrived with his box of PE and punched bolts. A true tribute to Mr T. Awesome work Scottie. This is going to be a real joy to watch. All the best with the rest of the build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Off to a nice start!!!

ATB

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.
Ah! The magician has arrived with his box of PE and punched bolts. A true tribute to Mr T. Awesome work Scottie. This is going to be a real joy to watch. All the best with the rest of the build.
Steve, don't know about magician, sorcerers apprentice maybe. I really hope I can do him justice mate.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah! Patton's ride Scottie, he would have liked the extra bling you're putting on and so would Simon. Good start.

Cheers,
Richard

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Great subject. Great start. Already going the extra mile with detailing.
Jim
Jim, Thanks mate good to have you along.
Ah! Patton's ride Scottie, he would have liked the extra bling you're putting on and so would Simon. Good start.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard, decided to leave this ride for the normal oiks.
Excellent stuff Scottie :thumb2: ,
Loving your extra bits,really looks the part.
Andy
Andy thanks fella.
we need a 'drool' emoticon!
Neil, given our ages that would be a good icon lol.

D

Deleted member 7181

It's moving to see so many builds being undertaken in Simons memory, but this is definitely one I'll keep a close eye on. Already looking great Paul.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's moving to see so many builds being undertaken in Simons memory, but this is definitely one I'll keep a close eye on. Already looking great Paul.
Andy, your right it just goes to show how popular Simon was. I hope I can contribute a model worthy of this group build.
I'm in pal, a great start
Mick, good to see you mate.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Scottie,
Crickey not many seats left....looks like a full house already :surprised:

A bit of bling and a few tweaks should see this looking fabulous. Off to a flying start I see......no doubt this will be awesome :smiling4:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice one Paul.Not seen many of these made up.Admire you fellas that use P.E so well.Im a dimwit with the stuff.Watching with the rabble.
Rich

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. Excellent start! I knew you would go over the top with PE and scratch. Pail you have came a long way in a short time since the old MM days. I’m sure Simon thought the same thing watching your magic get better with time. Sitting by Neil with a drool bucket.