Scotties 25pdr.SP Bishop.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hells bells Paul please stop this superb scratchy, it's embarrassing to us mere mortals. I get excited when I manage a bend :nerd: on a straight piece.:smiling2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rather than follow the printed build sequence I have joined the upper and lower hull, before adding the detailed parts. When this was done the exhaust was added. I can't believe they couldn't find a better place for the exhaust to exit rather than by the vehicle hatches.

DSCF3801.JPG

The vehicle jack had a pewter strap and an etch buckle added.

DSCF3799.JPG

The tail light was scratched and a cable added. The pins on the shackles were also added from copper wire.

DSCF3803.JPG

I have decided to have the engine decks closed. But thought it would be good to have a hatch open. So I have added a bit of detail.

DSCF3804.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very odd place for the exhaust, yes. It was in the same place on Valentine tanks, so it’s not as if the designers of the Bishop felt they had to move it out of the way of the superstructure rear doors or anything.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very odd place for the exhaust, yes. It was in the same place on Valentine tanks, so it’s not as if the designers of the Bishop felt they had to move it out of the way of the superstructure rear doors or anything.
Agreed a strange design

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Work is slow but sure. I have added the fuel tank, with a couple of tweaks that were seen on a couple of reference pics.

DSCF3805.JPG
DSCF3806.JPG

I broke one another pinged off somewhere never to be seen again so Had to make some engine deck handles.

DSCF3807.JPG

Hatch added with scratched lock.

DSCF3808.JPG

and one hatch closed with external details added.

DSCF3809.JPG

cheers Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I decided to replace the plastic kit bin with a scratched one, the main reason for this I wanted to bend the lid about a bit. I suspected that the bins location would leave it open to be walked on and receive a lot of abuse as it is by the rear of the gun. So I used the kit one as a template and made the bottom and the lid from sheet brass. some hooks and clasps were then added and the lid knocked about a bit. The hinge was made from some copper wire.

DSCF3810.JPG

Next the jacking block. I removed the moulded strap from the very plain plastic and added some wood texture. Added the kit etch frame and then added a foil strap. the feet were added along with some punched rivets.DSCF3811.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I decided to replace the plastic kit bin with a scratched one, the main reason for this I wanted to bend the lid about a bit. I suspected that the bins location would leave it open to be walked on and receive a lot of abuse as it is by the rear of the gun. So I used the kit one as a template and made the bottom and the lid from sheet brass. some hooks and clasps were then added and the lid knocked about a bit. The hinge was made from some copper wire.

View attachment 481465

Next the jacking block. I removed the moulded strap from the very plain plastic and added some wood texture. Added the kit etch frame and then added a foil strap. the feet were added along with some punched rivets.View attachment 481466

cheers
Scottie
Is there no end to the way you knock up bits for your builds. I couldn't manage a rivet head never mind scratching a kit locker from brass!!! Bleeding amazing!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Is there no end to the way you knock up bits for your builds. I couldn't manage a rivet head never mind scratching a kit locker from brass!!! Bleeding amazing!!!
Thanks mate, it is easier than it looks it must be I can do it. :smiling: