Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another method - Duro worms, smeared with a little petroleum jelly after sticking worm to model then piece of small bore metal tubing with the end cut to a C shape to press in welds
Cheers Simon do you glue them in place before forming the texture?
Looking good Paul, the welds are nice, plenty of tips to pick up too.
Graeme, thanks fella

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Scottie - you can CA uncured Duro in place because of its plastic like consistency (have used this method) but it is pretty sticky until you put the petroleum jelly on it

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie - you can CA uncured Duro in place because of its plastic like consistency (have used this method) but it is pretty sticky until you put the petroleum jelly on it

Cheers Simon, I will give it ago.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have done a little more. Some of the details I decided rightly or wrongly not to use the PE and scratch my own. The shovel was scraped down to reduce the thickness. Not much left on the exterior details then it will be assembling the MG mount. All comments god and bad welcomed as always.
DSCF2142.JPG
DSCF2143.JPG
DSCF2144.JPG
DSCF2145.JPG

cheers Scottie.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Absolutely beautiful work Paul. The finery is first rate like always and so clean too!!! Still waiting for Michael to make his appearance…….

My Mojo is dead at the moment as work and life have been killing me. At least I can enjoy your great work my friend……..

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely beautiful work Paul. The finery is first rate like always and so clean too!!! Still waiting for Michael to make his appearance…….

My Mojo is dead at the moment as work and life have been killing me. At least I can enjoy your great work my friend……..

Prost
Allen
Allen, many thanks for the kind comments. Trust the mojo returns soon my friend I am missing your builds.

D

Deleted member 7181

I haven't commented on this much Paul I'm sorry, but I do keep popping in to watch the excellent work continue.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wonderful work....keep on doing what you are doing.... the level of details you put in your work is stunning

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Paul I've just stumbled into this build, very late I know, but liking what I'm seeing so I'm going to stop and watch the rest.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The build now is basically done. The wing mirrors have been fitted. I have repositioned the bar on the left hand hull as I had it up against the front wheel arch. The wheels are just blue tacked on for the moment. The Bren gun has been assembled not much done to it apart from the muzzle has been drilled out and the solid foresight block has been removed and a new one added from scrap PE sprue. This will be painted and detailed separately. Before it gets painted I will sort out stowage.
DSCF2146.JPG
DSCF2147.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Beautiful, neat, detailed build. How long before you knock off a wing mirror :smiling2: If it was me I doubt it would last long :rolling: Looking forward to the stowage going on.
Jim

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a cracker wee Scottie. Now to the paint shop.

John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another beauty Scottie.
Thanks Peter.
Hi Scottie
Beautiful, neat, detailed build. How long before you knock off a wing mirror :smiling2: If it was me I doubt it would last long :rolling: Looking forward to the stowage going on.
Jim
Jim I drilled into the vehicle wing to anchor the bottom of the wire so it's not just relying on the CA so hopefully if I am careful they might survive.
That's a cracker wee Scottie. Now to the paint shop.
John
Thanks John good to see you again. Just some stowage to sort out first then the paint.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael

Prost
Allen
What? sitting on your backside all day, looking down into the cars to see what is going on - yep! I call that work.....
You young uns.....