Scotties Humber Mk1

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've just crept in the side door, sorry for missing so much Paul.
No worries mate it is always hard to keep up. I catch a lot of builds when they are well underway.
Hi Scottie
That's a really nice interior. Hope most of it can be seen through the hatches.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I hope not other wise I should have detailed it better:smiling3:
Hi Scottie,
That looks the dogs doodahs, and if you had not mentioned it I would never have guessed about the hatches.
Mike.
Thanks Mike I have managed to remove them and refit but on checking the instructions it does show them being placed on the outside but everything about them says fit from the inside.
The interior is very impressive. I hope the changing of the hatches doesn't cause too much disruption. Wonderful work mate.
Thanks Steve I have managed to remove them and refit but the etch hatch clamps I think are beyond repair.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Scottie - what are the handlebars for on the roof? Hatch levers?

First Name
Andrew
I have managed to remove them and refit but on checking the instructions it does show them being placed on the outside but everything about them says fit from the inside.
Pleased to read that! I 'liked' all I was seeing in the photos but was feeling for you having to remove them. PHEW!
Andy

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ah, ok

why engineer a gun mount when you can just use the bars off someones bike :smiling5:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have managed to effect a repair and the hatches are now all fitted correctly. I managed to salvage two of the etch hatch clamps and fitted these to the two most likely to be seen if looking inside. The main thing is they are correct from the outside. Just a bit of weathering to redo.

DSCF2133.JPG

Next some brake lines from lead wire. I also beefed up the axle stub as the kit ones were not very strong.

DSCF2134.JPG

And finally the valves on the wheels, I might change these for plastic rod.

DSCF2135.JPG

cheers
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Valves for the wheels. :surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised: Tis too much Paul , I'd have a job seeing it :smiling:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work as usual Paul, such minute detail, I don't know how you do it.
After my "House" dio ( or probably during it) I will tackle that Dragon Wagon, plenty of opportunity to fiddle with minutia with that one, might as well give it a go.
After all where am I going?

Finding time is the problem.

Cheers, Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Jim,
You will enjoy the dragon wagon I built it a while back it goes together beautifully.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Scottie,
Still doing a good job confusing the old and infirm I see (no pun intended). Good little detail adding the valves, they will stand out once the painting and weathering is done.
I remember your Dragon Wagon - that seems like decades ago...
Cheers,
Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Scottie l'm really sorry l missed this...sorry about this...as usual you deliver a stunning work...can't wait to see more :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie,
Still doing a good job confusing the old and infirm I see (no pun intended). Good little detail adding the valves, they will stand out once the painting and weathering is done.
I remember your Dragon Wagon - that seems like decades ago...
Cheers,
Mike.
Thanks Mike glad your liking it so far. It does seem a long time ago.
Scottie l'm really sorry l missed this...sorry about this...as usual you deliver a stunning work...can't wait to see more :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:
Greg no worries good to see you, happy you found it

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Stunning work as always. Well done.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul cracking job on those little details that's what makes your builds stand from us mere mortals, I've just got one complaint I'm running out of notebooks but all these little gems in.
Keep the magic coming.
Pete.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul cracking job on those little details that's what makes your builds stand from us mere mortals, I've just got one complaint I'm running out of notebooks but all these little gems in.
Keep the magic coming.
Pete.

Hi Pete, Thanks mate really appreciate it.