Scotties meat chopper.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Paul. It’s your eye for correction of the minor errors that lifts your builds so high.

D

Deleted member 7181

Looks amazing, despite what you class as mistakes.

I doubt I'd be able to see them in real life, never mind fix them :smiling5:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm always surprised at the errors & omissions in my work revealed by the camera in my scale. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I know you think it's right but as they say, "The camera never lies"
Except when it does :smiling3: It will show up things you won’t see on the real thing after a coat of paint, and at the same time it won’t show stuff you can see on the real thing because of the way the paint ends up looking in the photo …

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Your eye for detail is what makes your builds, Paul, as Paul E says, the camera shows up all the issues.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is taking a while to build the parts need a lot of clean up. The front bulkhead has been started with the addition of some PE. The radio was rebuilt and a cable added to the handset.
DSCF2621.JPG

DSCF2622.JPG

The side wall has had new rivets and tie downs added. the lockers have had PE or scratched additions. One box had a big blow hole so it was easier to make one out of laminated strips.

DSCF2624.JPG

Although this is not an easy build I am enjoying it.

cheers
Scottie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s looking very good.

How did you make the domed rivets?

First Name
Andy
This is looking very good Paul do you make the handles/tie downs with a proper bender tool or just pliers?

Andy.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is looking very good Paul do you make the handles/tie downs with a proper bender tool or just pliers?

Andy.
Andy thanks mate. I made a little tool. A cheap pair of flat tweezers with two strips of etch sprue on one face and a single piece on the opposite side. this produces the shape then when cut to length the ends are flattened with some smooth pliers. HTH.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Happy New Year mate. I hope you and yours had a great festive period. This is draw dropping work mate. Your work amazes me every time I see it. Keep it comin my friend

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That sounds like a good investment … which brand is it?
Jakko PM sent.
Happy New Year mate. I hope you and yours had a great festive period. This is draw dropping work mate. Your work amazes me every time I see it. Keep it comin my friend
And to you matey, trust you had a good one. Thanks very much for the encouragement.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some more work on the fighting compartment. A bit of PE added and some more tie downs. One piece of the etch and a big piece by etch standards pinged off in to oblivion, so made replacement from pewter and a strap from the spare PE draw. Given the issues I have been having the parts went together fairly well.

DSCF2628.JPG

DSCF2629.JPG

DSCF2630.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Scottie.....I have much "detail" envy. :thumb2: Rick H.