Scotties panzer lll

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Paul,

Great to see this fine build moving along and the rabble have all calmed down with their bellies full. The RFM kit looks to be nicely done and your add-ons make it even better. Top work Buddy!!! I was just wondering if the rear fenders on a Pz. III weren't cut out for the tail lights for when they were folded up like on the early StuGs........Keep the great work coming my friend!!!

Prost
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. Great build so far with all the PE details I really hate to see it in the “Wet Stuff”. The wire for the cable was a great idea as Ron mentioned I might try that on my 1/48 KV I really don’t like the kit one they offer. Keep the crowd settled as you move along with this build they can get rowdy at times as your know.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Up to your normal high standards Paul very nice .
Thank you John, kind of you to say.
As usual, you have put a lot of extra detail in, makes a big difference.:thumb2:
Graeme, thanks mate I keep saying to myself the next one I will build OOB ;)

More great work Scottie, that really is the dogs
Cheers Mick, It is not a bad kit.
Nice idea of leaving one tow cable off to stir the imagination Paul. Did you have to anneal the existing one to form those bends so nicely, or is it cooperative without ?
Hi Ron, I may add the other one just draped over the back I haven't decided yet. The copper cable I had is very bendy, and I can't remember for the life of me where I got it from.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Morn Paul,

Great to see this fine build moving along and the rabble have all calmed down with their bellies full. The RFM kit looks to be nicely done and your add-ons make it even better. Top work Buddy!!! I was just wondering if the rear fenders on a Pz. III weren't cut out for the tail lights for when they were folded up like on the early StuGs........Keep the great work coming my friend!!!

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen thanks mate glad you approve. The rear fenders are cut out for the lights as you say. There is an inner and outer fender one which is fixed in the "down" position the other upper one is hinged to allow it to be lifted, why it had this arrangement I don't know. I may reposition the fender to the lifted position later just for interest

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul. Great build so far with all the PE details I really hate to see it in the “Wet Stuff”. The wire for the cable was a great idea as Ron mentioned I might try that on my 1/48 KV I really don’t like the kit one they offer. Keep the crowd settled as you move along with this build they can get rowdy at times as your know.
Cheers Lee, I do have some picture hanging wire which I have used in the past. It is however a little stiff so is ok for straight-ish runs but that anneals well to soften it up a bit. The crowd are being good at the moment.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Lee, I do have some picture hanging wire which I have used in the past. It is however a little stiff so is ok for straight-ish runs but that anneals well to soften it up a bit. The crowd are being good at the moment.
You hope :smiling3: More cake would keep us in order please.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Is it because Matron is lurking behind the curtains...nah...they're mesmerised by the bling add ons. :smiling6: ...more cake could start a cake fight so I suggest less with the cream and icing.

Cheers,
Richard

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yeah, we're like the Common folk in the pit at Shakespeare's Globe :dizzy:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You hope :smiling3: More cake would keep us in order please.
I can't bake them quick enough will biccy's suffice.
Only you John I’m surprised you didn’t request Yorkshire Tea.
Lee, you should know he is the rabble ring leader. I have plenty of tea and coffee.
Is it because Matron is lurking behind the curtains...nah...they're mesmerised by the bling add ons. :smiling6: ...more cake could start a cake fight so I suggest less with the cream and icing.

Cheers,
Richard
Matron gives me the hebee jebee's that's why I behave myself.
Yeah, we're like the Common folk in the pit at Shakespeare's Globe :dizzy:
As long as they don't start throwing things.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Slowly adding details. Made a new jack block from laminated bass wood with some PE. Strangely the block is only supported in two opposite corners. I need to give it a clean up.
DSCF3351.JPG

I decided to fabricate the jack clamps as the kit ones were a bit chunky and the PE offerings just didn't fit.

DSCF3353.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The work on the hull is now 99% done with the addition of the pioneer tools. I made a tray for the antenna from ally sheet, the antenna base was scratched as the kit part pinged off to I know not where. The Aber tool clamps are very nice made up of three parts. I tried to make them up so they would work but that was beyond me so they are fixed in place.

DSCF3361.JPG

DSCF3362.JPG

DSCF3363.JPG

DSCF3364.JPG

DSCF3365.JPG

cheers
Scottie