scotties pioneer.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Many thanks to those that followed and gave me support along the way. To receive the kind words from guys as talented as you makes me very happy indeed.
This is now finished with a very simple base. I may revisit it later and do something more detailed but I am quite happy as it is.
DSCF2480.JPG
DSCF2481.JPG

DSCF2483.JPG

Thanks everyone.
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi mate, I like that figure, will suit it nicely. And I'm with the guys one the groundwork, kudos to you for trying out something new but it looks a bit odd indeed.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
thanks mate. It did look odd so as you see I decided against it. perhaps another time.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
As I said before mate probably one of your best builds ever. I am so pleased you had a lot of fun with this model. Looking forward to your next adventure enormously. Well done sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul

Congratulations on a great build. It combines realism with a more abstract presentation which really works well. Slaving to be realistic all the time often detracts from many models.

John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Well I've thoroughly enjoyed following this build. The result is outstanding. The vehicle and the figure are superb. You should be very proud of what you have achieved. As for the base - good for you in trying something different but the simple presentation you ended up with works a treat
Whatever finds its way next onto your bench this will be a hard act to follow.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Great stuff Scottie. The simple base works a treat.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
As I said before mate probably one of your best builds ever. I am so pleased you had a lot of fun with this model. Looking forward to your next adventure enormously. Well done sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:
Many thanks Steve for your support and comments along the way.
Superb job ,Paul, absolutely top notch!
Neil, Thank you very much mate, and for following along
Wonderful build, and the guy with the cup of tea just makes it better.

Andy.
Andy, the icing on the cake lol.
Very nice Paul.

I think the simplicity of the base highlights the truck even more, which is as it should be, and what it deserves, IMHO.
Andy, Thanks mate I like the simple base as well.
Paul

Congratulations on a great build. It combines realism with a more abstract presentation which really works well. Slaving to be realistic all the time often detracts from many models.

John
Thanks John, that is very kind of you to say.
Hi Scottie
Well I've thoroughly enjoyed following this build. The result is outstanding. The vehicle and the figure are superb. You should be very proud of what you have achieved. As for the base - good for you in trying something different but the simple presentation you ended up with works a treat
Jim
Jim, very many thanks for the high praise and for the continuing support.
Great stuff Scottie. The simple base works a treat.
Thank you Peter I think your right about the base

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm with PaulE. Always go with something that is different from everything else. Push the boundaries. Start a new craze. If anything just put the model more central and it would be perfect. I know you like to play down your figure work but I think he's great. Terrific work all round my friend
Excuse us Paul. Steve you would have it on a base with a mirror under it :smiling2:. Now there's an idea Paul.

Certainly doesn't need much of a background for a dio, perhaps a muddy track running at an angle with grass at the sides.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excuse us Paul. Steve you would have it on a base with a mirror under it :smiling2:. Now there's an idea Paul.

Certainly doesn't need much of a background for a dio, perhaps a muddy track running at an angle with grass at the sides.
John, if I do put this on another base in the future that is along the lines I would look at.

Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The Scammel looks great on the simple base Paul, the squaddie in typical pose sets it off nicely.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Lovely job, looks great, :thumb2: :thumb2: ill read through properly for any tips when building mine.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Scottie
Jim
HI Scottie sorry i missed your build but i thoroughly aggree with what Jim says above an when i get a chance im gonna look right throgh this build as at the moment im in a time constraint as ive got to finish painting tiger as if i leave it to long the sticky tape will leave a sticky residude on my hull so ive got to get the panitin fininshed an get the tape off
ATB chris