Scotties Puma AAGB

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That is beautiful work mate. I know its a bind to paint tools and stowage in situ but I feel it is easier then doing it the other way round. I am looking to put a decal on my fire extinguisher on the Panther showing the instructions. I cant find any anywhere. Did your kit supply you with fire extinguisher decals??

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
That is beautiful work mate. I know its a bind to paint tools and stowage in situ but I feel it is easier then doing it the other way round. I am looking to put a decal on my fire extinguisher on the Panther showing the instructions. I cant find any anywhere. Did your kit supply you with fire extinguisher decals??
Can this help??? you print it on a decal sheet...and there you go ;) :smiling:

1-16-DECAL-for-German-Fire-Extinguisher-for-Tiger-_57.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Thanks mate. Sometimes I paint it before I think it depends on how accessible it is. Sorry I don't have any decals for the fire extinguishers.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
What's this Scottie...everything but the fire extiguisher decals, this will not do :tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy: Brilliant work by I mean the blings...the rest is just easy peezy for you. As Allen says you wear that extra tank of patience. In situ or off it's still a pain to paint storage.

Looking forward to the wet stuff.

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Can this help??? you print it on a decal sheet...and there you go ;) :smiling:
Or just print it out at the right size on regular paper, then cut out and glue to the kit part.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Paul. The etch work and high end details you are doing are bringing this build alive. Great work

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Blimey mate, I don't check in for a few days and you go and do this. Stunning as always. :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
What's this Scottie...everything but the fire extiguisher decals, this will not do :tears-of-joy: :tears-of-joy: Brilliant work by I mean the blings...the rest is just easy peezy for you. As Allen says you wear that extra tank of patience. In situ or off it's still a pain to paint storage.

Looking forward to the wet stuff.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, My humble apologies for failing on the decals. But your right about the stowage.
Or just print it out at the right size on regular paper, then cut out and glue to the kit part.
Jakko my printer is not that good so would loose any details.
Extra Christmas card for you this year Greg!! Top man. Many thanks
Steve you will have to let me know how you get on.
Blimey mate, I don't check in for a few days and you go and do this. Stunning as always. :thumb2:
Bob, you are to kind mate.
Paul. The etch work and high end details you are doing are bringing this build alive. Great work
Lee, thanks fella glad you like it so far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not much done today. But I have replaced the width indicators with brass tube and wire I think they look a little better not sure how long they will survive for when fitted.

DSCF2058.JPG
I started on the basic construction of the turret as well, I will post some pictures later.

Thanks for looking
Scottie

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Nice idea to use metal tubing. Another nice addition. Keep it comin mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The turret is now done the smoke dischargers were very fiddley I made a few mistakes as the instructions are none to clever so you will notice it's a mixture of etch, kit parts and scratch. I decided to show one bank empty and the other loaded.

This will all dry now for a few days till the next stage.

DSCF2059.JPG

DSCF2060.JPG

Thanks for looking

Scottie

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice bit of scratchy/etchy work there Scottie. You must be getting close to smearing on some wet stuff. Cheers, Rick H.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I like that a lot Paul. Very nice indeed. You must be very pleased how the detailing has gone on this build. Its been a joy to see it all come together

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I like that a lot Paul. Very nice indeed. You must be very pleased how the detailing has gone on this build. Its been a joy to see it all come together
Steve, Thanks mate I am reasonable happy there are places where I could nave done it better but every build is a learning experience.
More fine work that man.
Peter, Thanks mate.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Couldn't resist fitting the turret and wheels just to see how it looked. I have managed to turn the stub axles a little just to give the wheels a touch of turn for interest. The wheels are resin and nicely detailed, they are just blue tacked on at the moment so look a bit wonky.

DSCF2062.JPG

DSCF2063.JPG

Normally I don't prime my builds but given the amount of brass on this I thought it prudent so gave it a coat of mr surfacer 1500.

DSCF2065.JPG

cheers Scottie