Scotties Rolls Royce

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shaping up nicely Mr. Scottie......the building inspector has been out to the construction site and has halted further progress on this project as the stairs are more than 1 meter to the landing and must have the approved handrail and railing around the landing to prevent injury to unwary individuals entering and leaving the establishment....to rectify this and further possible infractions please send the appropriate amount in a plain brown envelope to the numbered account, previously agreed to.......Have a nice day. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul what did you use for those roof beams, balsa ?
Like the other timber work.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Coming on well, nice carpentry skills.
Cheers Mark luckily my carpentry skills are ok for ramshackle.
Shaping up nicely Mr. Scottie......the building inspector has been out to the construction site and has halted further progress on this project as the stairs are more than 1 meter to the landing and must have the approved handrail and railing around the landing to prevent injury to unwary individuals entering and leaving the establishment....to rectify this and further possible infractions please send the appropriate amount in a plain brown envelope to the numbered account, previously agreed to.......Have a nice day. ;)
Normal place 3 trap from the left, gents toilets Euston station, if you can't find it just ask for Harry he will see you all right.
Hi John yes mate i have a selection of balsa sections.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Geez, will ya look at that...a building largely made of mud and concrete and John homes right in on the little bit of timber like a laser-guided missile;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just catching up Paul, well well done Sir. Fantatic stuff, your building sure looks the part !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Slowly getting there a few plants added and a bit more weathering to the building. I'm not 100% happy with the result so far so if anyone has any suggestions on how to give it the finished look I would love to hear from you.

I took the pictures in the sun so they are a bit washed out.

DSCF2959.JPG

DSCF2960.JPG

cheers
Scottie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Slowly getting there a few plants added and a bit more weathering to the building. I'm not 100% happy with the result so far so if anyone has any suggestions on how to give it the finished look I would love to hear from you.

View attachment 430490

View attachment 430491

cheers
Scottie
Paul, not that you need any advice, but I would start with a 400 grit sand paper over the walls to remove any out of scale lumps, then add a few cracks to the window frames and anywhere else where there is wood or damaged render, like around the area on the right lower section.Then I would apply some lighter shades of the render , cream, ivory white etc with down ward strokes with different size brushes. Once dry a very thinned black wash, and use a sponge or cloth to lighten some areas.
Think the layout is great at that angle, esp like the greenery, well the nearly alive greenery .:smiling3::thumb2:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike

View attachment 430490

View attachment 430491

cheers
Scottie
Can you open a door I can feel the heat from here - that looks so good.
Mike.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Now John's mentioned it i guess a few cracks around the missing render would look good but either way it's a lovely piece of work.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, not that you need any advice, but I would start with a 400 grit sand paper over the walls to remove any out of scale lumps, then add a few cracks to the window frames and anywhere else where there is wood or damaged render, like around the area on the right lower section.Then I would apply some lighter shades of the render , cream, ivory white etc with down ward strokes with different size brushes. Once dry a very thinned black wash, and use a sponge or cloth to lighten some areas.
Think the layout is great at that angle, esp like the greenery, well the nearly alive greenery .:smiling3::thumb2:
Cheers John, I will have a look at the things you mentioned. there is quite a bit of streaking but its quite subtle and can't be seen in the bright photos.
Can you open a door I can feel the heat from here - that looks so good.
Mike.
Cheers Mike talking of doors I will need to add a latch or something.
Now John's mentioned it i guess a few cracks around the missing render would look good but either way it's a lovely piece of work.
Cheers Mark I will have to revisit and have a look.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Daaaaamn it's really coming along super cool....no warm...(sorry that was really a bad one).... :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Perhaps some damaged pottery or some clutter just to bog it up a bit. :thinking: Rick H.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Taking pictures out of the sun has made a good improvement, different tones stand out a lot better. Gonna look great with the roller in there.

Reactions: JR