Scotties taking a Liberty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
slow progress but chipping away. Rebuilt what I believe is a tank of some sort fuel/oil? Made the "USA" from fine wire not perfect but it looks ok to me,

DSCF2211.JPG
then some work on the bulk head. added some cables for interest not strictly accurate as I can't see clearly where the wires go. the pipe on the RH side of the bulk head will go from the carbide generator to the lamp.
The tie downs are from copper wire.

DSCF2213.JPG
Added a little detail to the instrument panel my reference pictures showed another dial and a big switch in the middle. Not easy to see in the picture.

DSCF2212.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats a lot of chipping mate! Up to your high standards I see. I dont envy you doing "USA" :smiling5: :cool: . Glad it turned out well. Dont loose those letters now:smiling5::smiling2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I added a piece that again I don't know what it's for but again it looks like a filler of some kind but it also has a linkage of some sort I think it might be for clutch or brakes.
DSCF2214.JPG

One of the steps was broken plus they were very thick so I removed them and they were replaced with flattened copper wire and punched rivets. A slot was cut into the rivet to represent a screw heads.

DSCF2216.JPG

A very bad picture showing the link painted and fitted. the cab has also had a coat of paint. The paint work still needs a lot of work, but some of the details have been picked out. The high lighting on the frame appears very yellow but is no where near as bright as that.

DSCF2219.JPG

I also picked out some of the details on the inside but again lots of work to do.

DSCF2220.JPG

I will try and post some better pictures later when I have added more details.

cheers
scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Quality all the way. Attention to detail and skill.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
and another wonderful installment...details are awesome... ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Paul.
Had a catch up, has your stamp of quality modelling all over it.
How did you coax those pieces of wire to stay in shape before you glued them down ?

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Only just seen this thread Paul, up to your usual high standards I see. :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul.
Had a catch up, has your stamp of quality modelling all over it.
How did you coax those pieces of wire to stay in shape before you glued them down ?
Thank you John. The wire is just copper wire so it is formed into shape and pretty much stays where it is put.
Love the screw heads on the steps - very nice detail :thumb2:
Thanks Simon I just noticed on the picture I have knocked one off so it will need replacing.
Only just seen this thread Paul, up to your usual high standards I see. :smiling3:
Thanks Bob, good to have you along.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers mate.