Sd.kfz.7/1

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word Paul , it always amazes me when you find something that looks ok and end up making it so much better .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great Paul. Usual fantastic addition work going on…..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just had a ketchup on this Scottie.... exquisite attention to detail Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's the little things that count.:smiling2:
That's what the wife says:tongue-out3:
You WOULD say that...:tears-of-joy:
:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
My word Paul , it always amazes me when you find something that looks ok and end up making it so much better .
Thanks John, half the time it's just to see if I can do it.
Looking great Paul. Usual fantastic addition work going on…..
Thanks Tim, very kind of you.
Just had a ketchup on this Scottie.... exquisite attention to detail Sir! :thumb2: :thumb2:
Cheers Rick, appreciate it.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have been playing after seeing a picture on line. So I decided to open a storage locker on the back of the platform and add a bent door. I also replaced the hinge details on both sides and added a locking clasp and chains.

DSCF3895.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A few more additions the air filters received straps and wing nuts on the top. The mounting plate also received rivet detail.

DSCF3897.JPG

The radiator received some additions as well. there was no detail at all on the inner face, so I added some plastic mesh and the circular shroud from plastic strip. And some more very nasty injector marks.

I was going to detail the outer face of the radiator grill as this is moulded as a solid detail. But then realised it is hidden by the armoured shied so I decided not to bother.

DSCF3899.JPG

Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the next items before preshading. Firstly additional pipework and plumbing was added to the bulkhead. There is more to add but that will be added later.

DSCF3901.JPG

The wheels also had the valves added and the hub locking nuts.

DSCF3900.JPG

This will be put to one side when the truck group build starts.

cheers
Scottie

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent super detailing Scottie. Love the bent locker door. If you found a reference picture with a spider behind the driver's seat you'd scratch it ;)
Thanks Jim,
That may be pushing it :tears-of-joy:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This looks like it has better engine compartment detail than the Dragon kit — that doesn’t even have the plate that the air filter sits on, for example, never mind the bolts you added :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This looks like it has better engine compartment detail than the Dragon kit — that doesn’t even have the plate that the air filter sits on, for example, never mind the bolts you added :smiling3:
Jakko, I added the air filter plate with spacers as the kit just had a moulded square.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I added the air filter plate with spacers as the kit just had a moulded square.
Still better than Dragon — they would have you stick the filter straight to the mudguard …

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Great detailing there Paul, the pipes on the engine could be part of the coolant transfer system for cold weather starting. There's something on the wing which looks like the outside part of it.