"Sheridan",Vietnam Dio

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
If your last jungle dio is anything to go by this will be a pleasure to follow. Front and centre please.
Jim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...... No idea what happened there,it wouldn`t let me add more text!
Anyway,i was going to sat that,currently,i have not much of an image of the base i want to do,however,there will be a Buddha statue ensconced somewhere in the Dio ;) ,(a nod to Steve,(( AKA Airborne 1)),there,as he`s done one of these also-any pitfalls that you may`ve encountered and would like to mention would be welcomed mate,if it was this same kit obviously!!)
I have made a start,but will wait to post up when there`s a worthy amount of progress:smiling:,
If my last Dio didn`t numb you,and this appeals to you,then please feel free to look in,chip in,share thoughts..... and abuse!!:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
If your last jungle dio is anything to go by this will be a pleasure to follow. Front and centre please.
Jim
Blimey Jim...... you were quick off the mark!! :thumb2:
It`s a pleasure to see you pop in,seat reserved,however,i`ll leave all the refreshments and other arrangements to Mr,Race and Steve...... they seem to relish those roles!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A`noon Chaps,
Well,i`ve progress through the first 11 stages,(Apart from the Tracks:dizzy:!).......
In Humbrol Grey primer..........
IMG20210625155456 (1).jpg
IMG20210625155538.jpg
IMG20210625155428 (1).jpg
Typical Quality Tamiya fit with some nice detail,it`s Dated 2018.... that`s positively futuristic for me..... the majority of stuff i`ve built over the last few years have been 30/40 years old!:tears-of-joy: Anyway,wheels on and some Drab applied.....
IMG20210626143252.jpg
IMG20210625182952.jpg
So the next stage is to tackle the tracks,.........
IMG20210626143313.jpg
Now i`ve not done this type of assembly before,so any tips of how to best set about them would be greatly appreciated!
I`ve decided to set this in an "At rest" scene,and to that end,i have these Guys on the way.......
Fields-of-Glory-Ltd_156624919.jpg
That`s it for now chaps,as always,thanks for looking in:thumb2:,
Andy

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
link & length tracks? I generally start by putting the individual links around the sprockets ( take care of direction! ) making sure that one link joint face is at the top, then continuing down to A34 & around the track, making sure all are butting up against each other snugly. if you're lucky, then the top links will just fit if, not, then it involves shuffling the links around the idler wheel, to give more slack............
The instructions look good as to the number of links, so it's just a matter of following round the track!
Best of Luck!
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Greetings again Andy - you've shamed me in to getting off my backside and taking up (jungle) gardening! Watching with great interest - I can't match your speed but let's RV somewhere near the end and swap notes! (By the way, the kit is a dream - literally shake 'n' bake!)
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
link & length tracks? I generally start by putting the individual links around the sprockets ( take care of direction! ) making sure that one link joint face is at the top, then continuing down to A34 & around the track, making sure all are butting up against each other snugly. if you're lucky, then the top links will just fit if, not, then it involves shuffling the links around the idler wheel, to give more slack............
The instructions look good as to the number of links, so it's just a matter of following round the track!
Best of Luck!
Dave
Thanks very much for that Dave,much appreciated:thumb2:,
I`ll do my best,and your tips will help!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Greetings again Andy - you've shamed me in to getting off my backside and taking up (jungle) gardening! Watching with great interest - I can't match your speed but let's RV somewhere near the end and swap notes! (By the way, the kit is a dream - literally shake 'n' bake!)
Steve
HA!! Nice one Steve!!.... I bet you haven`t got off your behind on this one yet mind!!;):tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wish i had the enthusiasm for doing tracks because this is another great looking kit I would love to do myself.
I'll be following this :thumb2:
C`mon mate.... Get your "Track vibe" going!!......
..... Not that i have yet mind!!:nerd:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then Guys,an update of sorts!!........
Here`s the progress after interruptions from the Euros and that blimmin` work thing that i seem to have to keep doing?!!:confused:...
Ere`s some pics......
IMG20210710175732.jpg
The multi lens blocks for the copula,i like to give em a bit of Blue,it`s actually darker than it looks!.... Then i used this to stick stuff in.......
IMG20210710172953.jpg
It seems to be OK,not sure if i`m honest.... but nothing seems to have "Frosted" yet! Next,the Driver`s space.....
IMG20210710175716.jpg
..... in progress there........
IMG20210710175656.jpg
and in.......
IMG20210710174803.jpg
Finally for now,the turret pics,you have to drill lots of stuff,and also trim some......
IMG20210702150935.jpg
But after some time,it turns into this.......
:thumb2:
IMG20210710175804.jpg
So there we are at the mo,i must admit to being distracted by lots of stuff currently,but i`ll be back in the saddle later tomorrow i hope:thumb2:,
Thanks for looking in,i appreciate that this isn`t a particular popular subject/era,but it`s ALWAYS superb to hear from you all!
Cheers
Andy