"Sheridan",Vietnam Dio

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Might 'ave! Will PM you to see whether it's a 'race for the line' or ' a brace of debutantes' ----!
Steve
Nice one Steve!!:thumb2:
As you can see,mine`s stalled a bit recently,but i`m back on it now:nerd:,
I`m even thinking of expanding my Diorama idea.... will still go for the "Buddah Statue" scenario mind.... with a ground crew/watching picket and possibly the "Duster" too!!...... I`m really getting into this Vietnam vibe!!:cool:
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking good so far Andy, I've started using zap canopy glue for my clear bit's, it's white glue doesn't damage anything you can get it everywhere and clean the excess with a damp cotton bud.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Has it happens I have started my t55 tracks,I've put two links together now lol actually not as bad as I thought .
Well Mark,That`s a start.......
.... although that`s just TWO tracks,,,,,,from the wrong AFV!!:tears-of-joy:;)
Nevermind mate.... it`s a start!!!:thumb2::face-with-thermometer:
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one Steve!!:thumb2:
As you can see,mine`s stalled a bit recently,but i`m back on it now:nerd:,
I`m even thinking of expanding my Diorama idea.... will still go for the "Buddah Statue" scenario mind.... with a ground crew/watching picket and possibly the "Duster" too!!...... I`m really getting into this Vietnam vibe!!:cool:
Andy
I'm not saying I was p----d off but I thought I'd found a different Buddha from that 'Mind and Spirit' type outlet - only to find it's exactly the same as the FoG exemplar! Mmm, I need to connect to my inner self (and tell Lee at FoG!) that we need to connect on a more esoteric plane before purchasing weird things! Don't go giving out any negative vibes Dude!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK Then guys,a bit of an update.....
IMG20210717162807.jpg
IMG20210717162850.jpg
IMG20210717162823 (1).jpg
and here`s the Turret alone.... i must admit that i was quite impressed with this aspect!.....
I`m thinking that,despite it`s age,it MUST have inspired some future builds..... ok,it`s not strictly a "Tank",but that low,squat and almost,kidney shaped profile turret reminds me of modern examples,such as the the Merkeva!......
IMG20210717161501 (1).jpg
The figures have arrived this week,and part assembled.... hopefully a better update tomorrow!
As always,thanks for looking in,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,
Sorry missed the start of this somehow. It's coming on very nicely.

Keep up the good work

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
it`s not strictly a "Tank"
Only because the Americans seem to have developed an aversion in the 1960s to calling things by simple names that everybody can understand, combined with having a surplus of trained abbreviation-developers, to get things like “M551 AR/AAV” when “M551 light tank” would have been just as fitting.

BTW, did you paint the periscopes blue or are they clear (colorless) and it's a trick of the light? I know Tamiya recommends blue, but I never understood why. The exterior face of a periscope would really only be blue if there’s a strong blue light on inside the vehicle :smiling3:

Is that a clear window in the hull in front of the drivers hatch?
See here :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
Looking good fella. Is that a clear window in the hull in front of the drivers hatch?
Cheers Scottie,(Dawg!!),
Yes it is,however,i didn`t know exactly what to put there until Jakko put me straight!;)
I wondered what it was all about,so put up a side thread,Jakko promptly explained that it was a vision screen,and the panel it sits in is the front of the all round water proof "Skirt",which was raised during beach assaults...... so it became basically a windscreen for the driver!!:nerd:
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
More for crossing inland waterways and small lakes, than beach assaults, really :smiling3: I suspect that if you were to take an M551 swimming in the sea, it would soon end up impersonating a brick :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Only because the Americans seem to have developed an aversion in the 1960s to calling things by simple names that everybody can understand, combined with having a surplus of trained abbreviation-developers, to get things like “M551 AR/AAV” when “M551 light tank” would have been just as fitting.

BTW, did you paint the periscopes blue or are they clear (colorless) and it's a trick of the light? I know Tamiya recommends blue, but I never understood why. The exterior face of a periscope would really only be blue if there’s a strong blue light on inside the vehicle :smiling3:

See here :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko,
I agree about the way the YANKS Americans named stuff being weird ;),
Yes,i did paint the periscopes blue,not just because i`ve seen them done in that way for ages,but also,i find it gives a bit of a nice contrast amidst the drab colours,and shadows,of the rest of these areas!..... may not be 100% correct,but i kinda like it!!:nerd:
Andy

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Coming along nicely Andy :thumb2:
I see Tamiya do this in 1/16 scale….the guy at the model shop tried to flog me one last weekend :smiling5:
Not built a modern tamiya kit either just a few of their golden oldies….looking good

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening Mr Smith.
I will grab a seat, and Cohan can sit on my lap and watch .
Now if you need any advice on tracks please just ask ----------------------------------------some one else !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's a fine effort so far Andy..........I'll sit in with JR and watch further developments. Tracks are always interesting and JR is an EXPERT, as you know, so well versed in the out of ordinary, should the occasion arise. ;) Rick H.