Show us yours...again

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
No Jakko, this line is later......it goes something like. “ain’t that typical of a thug, to bring a knife to a gun fight”.....then he follows the thug outside and gets killed by another thug with a Tommy gun.....
Oh, yeah, there is that part too … it’s been decades since I saw that film, is my excuse :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Some superb set ups there guys:cool:,
My set up is a bit split up!! Completed builds are in a cabinet in the front room,Air Brush and extractor are in the workshop,(Well,converted Garage actually!!).
Once the box room became available for use,(Daughter FINALLY picked up her stuff and took it to her own pad:thumb2: ),I grabbed the chance and moved in my gear,although i have to share it with Rach...... I did get away with only conceding the smallest of room mind,after all,what could i possibly need a dressing table for??!!;)
So,here`s a few snaps of my rather modest "War Office"........
1.jpg
Right hand side top....... and now the bottom.......
4.jpg
Left hand side top.......
3.jpg
...... and bottom.......
2.jpg
There are a load of "WIPS" and ref books/dvds in the workshop also,but for now,this ickle bit does me fine!!
Andy

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Andy, though that shelf bracket under the Sheridan kit looks like it’s coming loose.....wouldn’t wan5 that much plastic falling foul of gravity!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks good Andy, though that shelf bracket under the Sheridan kit looks like it’s coming loose.....wouldn’t wan5 that much plastic falling foul of gravity!
Eagle eyes Mr. Tim there!!
You are spot on,that screw on the bracket is Dodgy... I will get around to it in the not too distant future
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Some superb set ups there guys:cool:,
My set up is a bit split up!! Completed builds are in a cabinet in the front room,Air Brush and extractor are in the workshop,(Well,converted Garage actually!!).
Once the box room became available for use,(Daughter FINALLY picked up her stuff and took it to her own pad:thumb2: ),I grabbed the chance and moved in my gear,although i have to share it with Rach...... I did get away with only conceding the smallest of room mind,after all,what could i possibly need a dressing table for??!!;)
So,here`s a few snaps of my rather modest "War Office"........
View attachment 425135
Right hand side top....... and now the bottom.......
View attachment 425136
Left hand side top.......
View attachment 425137
...... and bottom.......
View attachment 425138
There are a load of "WIPS" and ref books/dvds in the workshop also,but for now,this ickle bit does me fine!!
Andy
Sooooooooooo envious.....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Guys, I haven't been keeping my set up tidy since re-shelving it a year and half back. The table looks empty as I've moved operations to the upstairs computer room for the time being to be with the new kitten...

There's a now and before comparison...

View attachment 382330 View attachment 382331

Old T-shirts hang on the left as paint or airbrush cleaning rags.

Cheers,
Richard
HI Richard sorry for bein nosey but lookin at your kits i see a nice big tamyia NEW JERSEY an my question is have you built it yet ? an if not why not ?
CHRIS

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
HI Richard sorry for bein nosey but lookin at your kits i see a nice big tamyia NEW JERSEY an my question is have you built it yet ? an if not why not ?
CHRIS
Its the modernised version that someone gave me. If I can trade it with another 1/350 scaled ship I like would be great.

Cheers,
Richard

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
An update since April 2020.
The new small but cozy lab is slowly shaping up: front, right, left and back views.
IMG_6778.JPGIMG_6779.JPGIMG_6780.JPGIMG_6781.JPG
The painting station (1st pic, on the left, the brown wrapping paper sheet hanging from the lamp :flushed:) is still the "Fred Flintstone's project" one but a painting booth is in the wish list.
Hope to get back to modelling soon as the climate is getting milder and the "cave" temperature is becoming more human.
Still have to commute from my old house but this odd situation is going to end soon (as I hoped and stated last year too... :disappointed2: ).

Sorry for the date on the pics: I didn't realize I accidentally set that mode on my camera ...

Andrea

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Nice space Andrea. Good to see a turntable as well......
Tim, the turntable is a relic from my youth, is still working. It was in the custody of my parents till we got that new house. It rested almost 40 years in a cardboard box in my dad's cellar! The amplifier is still working too so I just need to buy a new couple of hi-fi speakers as the old ones, home made by a friend of mine, are too big for that room. My wish list is long :smiling:.
Hope to listen to my old vinyl albums again soon (mainly classical music, but not only, and as aged as the hi-fi set).

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No probs from me Andrea, I love vinyl. I have an extensive record collection generated over forty years, and a good hi-fi system to play them on. There are some good bargains to be had on speakers, so I’d say buy some and go for it. Might be worth having the turntable serviced and a new cartridge fitted though, the suspension on the old cartridge has probably aged beyond usefulness and could damage your vinyl collection.

D

Deleted member 5496

Here is my room of joy & solace. For me a place where I can enjoy my life.

I also sleep in this room & pull the bed from under the shelves every night. It is a total haven.

Just to say that I take time off to sit with my wife, Pauline, which is also a haven of delight. As I love her above all my models--- just ---(joking) :smiling6:

:rolling: To add-- this is tidy as shown before I go to bed. Tidy about every 30 mins when working. Yes it is.:rolling:

fw8p5O.jpg 61HKMp.jpg oo5NjJ.jpg qK31iJ.jpg FezQnx.jpg rKMol3.jpg oWydEJ.jpg iz0Xws.jpg wtybkg.jpg xzmH7Y.jpg HhavYa.jpg Wy3G0A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Laurie,Sir.....
Obviously your working area is meticulously organised, and an absolute gem of a playground :smiling3:
But I'd like to express my interest in that Afghan Dio,any chance of some more pics of that?... I'm having an bit of a love in for Helicopters myself at the moment.... And you've got some cracking specimens there by the look of it!! :smiling3:
Andy

Reactions: JR