SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Spitfire, tick!
Hurricane, tick!
Lancaster, tick!
Wellington, tick!
Beaufort.......you what?
Seriously, nice mug with an uncommon aircraft on it......

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Quality Control to EU compliance?
Close! I spent a few decades working on International, European, and British product standards, chairing a few of the relevant Technical Committees. Occasionally got drawn in to discussions with my employer's customers about standards compliance and CE marking requirements. When I retired in 2014 due to some health issues that affected my ability to travel internationally, I was retained by a trade association to advise their members, but that contract ended in 2016 so now I'm a gentleman of leisure!
Pete

D

Deleted member 5496

Spitfire, tick!
Hurricane, tick!
Lancaster, tick!
Wellington, tick!
Beaufort.......you what?
Seriously, nice mug with an uncommon aircraft on it......

What about Tim our Order of the Thistle mugs. Representing Scotland & the Stewart name.

If you wan ta bit of history read on. If not -----

Two brothers from Normandy accompanied Will the Conqueror to thrust an arrow in Harold's eye & kill him. Accomplished.
Brothers two, sent to Scotland by Will, as stewards to sort Scottish law & order. The Stewards titles disintegrated into,
with Scottish dialect, Stewart.

And so my ancestry & now I live in seeing distance of where the Stewards came from.

Interesting Stewart & Stuart. The same ancestry via Robert the Bruce. Mary Queen of Scots, a Stewart, was sent to Paris to be educated
as Scots & English were not friends (no change then Nicola S.). French, as usual finicky, do not use W & Mary was using Stuart when
returning to thistle land.

Edinburgh toffs changed to Stuart . Glasgow types, down to earth whisky types, stayed Stewart.

Laurie

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nothing wrong with Whiskey types....The Irish claim, God created whiskey so they wouldn't rule the world! :tongue-out3: Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Close! I spent a few decades working on International, European, and British product standards, chairing a few of the relevant Technical Committees. Occasionally got drawn in to discussions with my employer's customers about standards compliance and CE marking requirements. When I retired in 2014 due to some health issues that affected my ability to travel internationally, I was retained by a trade association to advise their members, but that contract ended in 2016 so now I'm a gentleman of leisure!
Pete
EU STANDARDS eh Pete?!
Hope you weren't involved in the earth shatteringly important issue that was "Straight Bananagate".....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all .
Having woken up fully at 0330, I made a cup of tea and came back to bed. While perusing the forum I reread and caught up on this great page I thought I'd show my mug :smiling2:IMG_20210605_041205138.jpg
Hope you have one like this 570 ?

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yep, looks like the fighting Uruk Hai are in the house.....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I guess mine can be posted again, I thought I had but not in this version.
It is a bit cramped at the moment due to having My computer deck and an extra Table in there.
20220819_123647.jpg
LOL had to turn the lights on. ITS RAINING! Yeah!
The paining bench: You can just make out my compressor behind the chair.
20220819_123653.jpg
Build bench. With new mat!
20220819_123708.jpg
Nice long bench I can have a 2.5m long boat easy.
20220819_123718.jpg
One of two cabinets. the other, with the boats in is in the 'lounge'. (AKA the cats bedroom) Annoying class table anybody. £20 collection only!
20220819_123727.jpg
My little computer desk. It's actually an Oak Dinning table that would otherwise been chucked out! Put the large pull out under the top and job done.

The reason I have the extra clutter is we started to redo upstairs. Then the world went mental and a 4x2 costs about a million pound each! (exaggeration makes the point). So all is on hold.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
It is a bit cramped at the moment due to having My computer deck and an extra Table in there.
View attachment 461186
View attachment 461187
View attachment 461188
View attachment 461189
One of two cabinets. the other, with the boats in is in the 'lounge'. (AKA the cats bedroom) Annoying class table anybody. £20 collection only!
View attachment 461190
My little computer desk. It's actually an Oak Dinning table that would otherwise been chucked out! Put the large pull out under the top and job done.

The reason I have the extra clutter is we started to redo upstairs. Then the world went mental and a 4x2 costs about a million pound each! (exaggeration makes the point). So all is on hold.
Some nice builds on display, cant wait to get out my little corner of the living room now i have a spare room available,just soooooo much stuff in there to sort out first.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
View attachment 461186
View attachment 461187
View attachment 461188
View attachment 461189
View attachment 461190

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about....LOADS of the stash for me to have a good butchers at :smiling3:
A LOT of very nice completed builds there also Ian, impressive stuff ;)
A very spacious room that is too... I'm most envious :smiling3:
Andy

First Name
Hong
View attachment 461186
View attachment 461187
View attachment 461188
View attachment 461189
View attachment 461190

Such a cosy and useful setup, Ian. I super love the ceiling track lighting intended for the model cabinet.