Show us yours...again

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Here's my "mess" from left to right...I take no responsibility for the "three" hanging above my work bench other than to say they inspire me from time to time....View attachment 382179View attachment 382180View attachment 382181
Speaking on behalf of the "three " we feel very honored to have such a prominent position in your cave, as to inspiration I can under stand that Mike and Paul might be , but as to me I feel it's more a case of don't do it his way.:smiling::smiling::smiling:.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I should like to point out to the chairman and committee of the tidy bench club that there are far worse benches than mine as can be seen from the evidence submitted here.
Further more I shall in due course submit photographic evidence to prove my point upon which I hope full membership can be be expected.
Yours.
Percy .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris is there any where in your house that hasn't a section of model in, or is the whole house a giant cave. :smiling3:Jen is a most understanding lady !
HI JOHN whats this about you usein evidence on my untidy man cave to get you entrance to the tidy bench club lol :tired: :sad:;):tongue-out3: yes John she is providing that the models looks nice an not a eyesore if they were id be thrown out on me ear an I can get away with it as jen has loads of ornaments an flowers over the house so its stastus quo lol:smiling2: I think that makes sence
chris

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI JOHN whats this about you usein evidence on my untidy man cave to get you entrance to the tidy bench club lol :tired: :sad:;):tongue-out3: yes John she is providing that the models looks nice an not a eyesore if they were id be thrown out on me ear an I can get away with it as jen has loads of ornaments an flowers over the house so its stastus quo lol:smiling2: I think that makes sence
chris
Chris , I mentioned your modelling room to Christine and her answer was " you should not mix with such people , they are a bad influence. " :smiling2::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Oh I was not just using yours as an example, but as it is noteworthy with the amount of photos alone you have posted :smiling2: there are other that are equally noteworthy .

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris , I mentioned your modelling room to Christine and her answer was " you should not mix with such people , they are a bad influence. " :smiling2::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

bad influence John :smiling: eh well I try lol:tired:

chris ps with the most untidy man cave until SWMBO sees it then it will be a different story out comes the hover an brush an dustpan aaaaaaarrrrhhhhhhhh lol

• Love
Reactions: JR

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great shots in this thread!

It just goes to show it's not what you've got, it's what you do with it (Ooo-errr missus).

While mine was artificially tidy, because I was just finishing a build, I am still delighted to discover that some of you b*ggers are a lot messier than me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great shots in this thread!

It just goes to show it's not what you've got, it's what you do with it (Ooo-errr missus).

While mine was artificially tidy, because I was just finishing a build, I am still delighted to discover that some of you b*ggers are a lot messier than me :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
HI Steve yea we do try an with all this debrie it shows some thing is bein built lol
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Agreed ref. Great shots....they all look very comfortable places to while away the hours....I would also like to say that mine may look roomy and fairly tidy, but its taken fifty years to get that something big and has only been open about a month...and I’ve still got about six boxes of crap in the garage to sort through ;)

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
My modelling is mainly done sitting on the floor in the lounge with my knees as the bench
The AB is sat on the upstairs stair landing - I sit on the steps to spray stuff

I have plans for a proper work area but it will take a long time to sort.......
yes yes yes ,
Pictures please , Simon!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well here we go, time for my mess... oh there are some great set ups in amongst these pics... bigger isn't always better!

My signal is all overs the place today so I'll send mine over when I can

Lee

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
My working station, at the moment, is shared with many other things... every time I want to model, first step is not really killing Baldrick but just relocate a lot of stuff.
I'm still hoping for a positive lockdown evolution as the planned move to our new home has been brutally stalled by COVID19 security measures. There I will enjoy some dedicated few square meters, a proper bench and some shelves. Not the largest modeler's cave one could dream of, but at least a cozy modeler's "braille scale" workshop ...and many of yours have been really inspiring. Hope to post soon our new accommodation.

Attachments

• IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2022.JPG
    IMG_2022.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2023.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 30

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well here we go... take 2! Let's hope the signal has picked up!
To the right of my expressions desk is a filing cabinet that holds all my builds that need painting or builds that need tweaking and some that even need rebuilding...
20200424_113701.jpg

Here we have SWMBOs desk, where all her creations and expletives are produced!
20200424_113721.jpg

Lee

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I just can't bear it, all those windows & sunlight. Don't know why not eligible Pete. Looks amazing tidy to me just by sheer volume. PaulE