Show us yours...again

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Go on then. Here’s my space...

C3AAC28E-6C5B-49F4-8A5E-96542157065F.jpeg

The desks (with the RC Panther project underway)...

4D779D17-A7FB-494F-9A0B-E6FD4942603B.jpeg

Over on the other wall Tambor cupboards hide a great many sins and organise a lot of stuff...

6A7D51AE-0695-43C2-9693-E6DD06D33D68.jpeg
AF968B3A-3DAB-4CF1-AD8E-0F8530CA183F.jpeg
The compressor in the background is on a chest of drawers that have castors so it can be positioned anywhere.

A lot of cool hobby rooms and spaces on show. And it’s amazing what can be done when space is at a premium.

Interesting thread

Cheers
P

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Crikey Paul, that is a serious amount of paint......very well organised though....what is in the tambors?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Crikey Paul, that is a serious amount of paint......very well organised though....what is in the tambors?
Anything from scenic scatter, sheet, tube and rod materials, paper/card, textiles, wood, metal, plastic, electronics, more paint, plaster of Paris, resin casting equipment, jigs, soldering equipment, sand paper, sanding sponges, putties and fillers, glues... the list goes on and on.
And I still can’t lay my hands on something when I need it!

Cheers
P

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Anything from scenic scatter, sheet, tube and rod materials, paper/card, textiles, wood, metal, plastic, electronics, more paint, plaster of Paris, resin casting equipment, jigs, soldering equipment, sand paper, sanding sponges, putties and fillers, glues... the list goes on and on.
And I still can’t lay my hands on something when I need it!

Cheers
P
YES HE DID BUY THE SHOP OUT LOL :smiling: :tongue-out3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Go on then. Here’s my space...

View attachment 382594

The desks (with the RC Panther project underway)...

View attachment 382595

Over on the other wall Tambor cupboards hide a great many sins and organise a lot of stuff...

View attachment 382596
View attachment 382597
The compressor in the background is on a chest of drawers that have castors so it can be positioned anywhere.

A lot of cool hobby rooms and spaces on show. And it’s amazing what can be done when space is at a premium.

Interesting thread

Cheers
P

Paul

That is amazing!! I wish I had even a 10th of that! I'm very jealous!!

ATB

Andrew

PS You're not looking to adopt at all are you???? I'm willing to put myself forward should you be considering it. ;)

Last edited:

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Its great seeing everyone's workspaces. Its certainly a big variation....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko in photo 4 on the right wooden handle is that a big hammer so if a kit don't work out is it whamo lol
It is a hammer, but a fairly small one I bought a long time ago for use with my first punch-and-die set.

Hey Jakko! D'you do all your modellin' standin' up? Just wonderin' how you got all that paint on your stool!"
I do sit down on that stool, but that’s over 30 years’ worth of spilled paint on it :smiling3: Not exactly sure how I’ve managed to do that without putting a lot of it on my trousers as well, though. I suppose that because it’s a stool, it’s not in the same orientation every time like a chair with a backrest would be, so it’s ended up all over the seat instead of all in the same area at the middle front as it would have on a chair.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
My space is much more modest than most. Everything I need fits in three drawers and two cups, with the exception of the extraction, compressor and harmful chemicals.

I guess having only been back at it for a year or so and having a very narrow subject topic helps keep everything slimline.

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
Very neat, are you a tidy person or will it desend into an organised mess as time moves on :nerd::smiling3:
I like to think of myself as tidy, however SWMBO demands it so the perceived tidiness is actually a survival tactic.

Plus the table this sits on is 3m long and the perspective from where this is taken is in front of my dual screen work set up, so the space is shared and I can not stand a cluttered desk.

Thirdly I redecorated this room two weeks a go, taking advantage of the lockdown.

You can see I have a new project on the go though, so there will be an element of chaos once I get going with the build in earnest and my eldest is going to want to build his tiger soon too, so mess is inevitable!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

Like Dave aka Gern I too forgot to show pictures of the storage!

ATB

Andrew

-----------------------------------------------

In (and on top of) our utility room double cupboard - stash, in progress and completed kits, tools, paints (empty space bottom right hand corner) supplies and other general modelling 'stuff'.

49825042777_ff05771b03_b.jpg

One side of under the utility room sink - compressor, spray booth and other supplies

49824720226_9eefdaca70_b.jpg

Temporary COVID-19 storage under the table. Junior sits here during the week to do his school work.

49825019288_c2d566ecec_b.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant - what a varied bunch we are, also, so very adaptable. I'm quite relieved this thread popped up at a quiet / tidy time for me, with just a He-111 in for landing gear repair - I actually have a TIDY BENCH - there said it.
Bench.JPG