Si B's-Meng Jagdpanther Ausf. G1

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thankyou very much folks....really appreciate your support and positive comments:smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with the others Si, quite a stunning paint job looks very realistic.
John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Evening Mr. Benson,

You have done a wonderful job on the finish so far and the whitewash is also looking the doodoo!!! I love the worn look on the skirts the most. You are doing a most excellent job here Si...PM sent.

Prost
Allen

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Agree with the others Si, quite a stunning paint job looks very realistic.
John.
Thanks very much John...it’s been like doing two paint jobs on one kit...and still the weathering to do:surprised:

Good Evening Mr. Benson,

You have done a wonderful job on the finish so far and the whitewash is also looking the doodoo!!! I love the worn look on the skirts the most. You are doing a most excellent job here Si...PM sent.

Prost
Allen
Allen, thanks mate:thumb2: appreciate your PM too:smiling4:
Prost

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lots of great feedback Si!! :thumb2: You must be doing something right mate:smiling:

Are you just doing a camo white wash or are you adding snow to the build as well?? Also will the wheels and running gear going to be swamped in mud??

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Go slow on Si, Steve...I'd also like to know of the added snow as well but he did mention about still the weathering to do and I presume it's the dirt, streaks and mud. :smiling2: I think there's still the rust stains creaping into the white wash that he may do.

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Steve
Lots of great feedback Si!! :thumb2: You must be doing something right mate:smiling:

Are you just doing a camo white wash or are you adding snow to the build as well?? Also will the wheels and running gear going to be swamped in mud??

Morning Steve,
My plan was fluid initially, but as it stands now it’s gonna be no snow just washed out white wash and plenty of mud on the lower parts/running gear:thumb2:

Go slow on Si, Steve...I'd also like to know of the added snow as well but he did mention about still the weathering to do and I presume it's the dirt, streaks and mud. :smiling2: I think there's still the rust stains creaping into the white wash that he may do.

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard,
You are spot on, mud, rust and grime next. I did a dark wash last night and started some minimal localised chipping before leaving for work. Hopefully an update soon :smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thanks Fernando and Rick,
The first wash has dried now so I can have a look this evening and see what to do next
Thanks again guys:smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening folks.
With the Jagpanzer 38(t) complete, my attention can turn back to this. The last thing I did was a dark wash.
I took it outside and took a couple of pictures to see what’s what.

So that’s how she stands presently. You can’t beat real daylight to take pictures! Next up is to muddy up the running gear. Might even try out the mud mix on the hetzer:thinking:

All comments welcome
Cheers
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
This really is turning into a classic build comrade. Very impressive weathering and winter camo. Looking forward to the mud :thumb2::cool:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with Steve, mud is good! With the faded white wash it would be spring in Stalin's
neighborhood. Lots of gooey stuff. Cheers, Rick H.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks good! Is that real mud from the garden, or what?

Pete

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Cheers chaps ...I was hoping it would pass ok :thumb2:

Looks good! Is that real mud from the garden, or what?

Pete
Promise not to tell uncle Ron, but its a mixture of AK pigments and an AMMO Mig enamel dark earth wash.
I put a thin mixture of wash and pigments here and there, then sprinkle more pigment on top, fixing it in place with white spirits dripped strategically so as not to wash the texture away.
If Ron asks it’s out the garden :tongue-out3: