SimonT - 1/72 MasterBox Mk1 Male

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Simon
Springs look well worth 4 hours. As Tim says another 4 hours and you'll have them done. With practice you might even be quicker - say only 3 and a half hours :rolling:
Jim

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm very impressed with all the extra effort you are putting into this build. I'm not sure my patience would hold out this long.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done Mr T. They were certainly worth all the hard work and effort.Great stuff

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Has your trademark work all over it - that's a good thing. As Steven said it would be good whatever the scale but 1/72 gets you a few extra brownie points and a few grey hairs no doubt.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ian,Steve, Steven, Jim - thanks

Have made a start on the track link press Mk2

It is half done - I hope to finish it off and try it out tomorrow

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good Lord, Simon...even my eyes are trying to adjust to the photo. Looks worth the effort but I hope you're not going to cover it up with all the mud build up. Would be a shame if you do...all that work and all.

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Richard - yes, it will have mud but I will try not to obliterate everything

mk1-034_2018-10-1.jpg
mk1-033_2018-10-1.jpg
finished making the track link press and gave it a test

photo shows the two part press, some blanks and a few finished links

they are not perfect but I don't think I can do any better at this scale - the blanks are 7.5x3.5mm pewter

once in place and blathered in mud they might not look too bad

need to knock out a lot more.......

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The track link presses are brilliant Simon...can I have some in 1/35th scale please, thanks.:smiling4: Seriously I think they look good and the thickness would be more to scale.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pewter, out in force, that track press looks ok Simon.
Just had a carch up, nice work on Dad's radio cover , sure that will help him .:thumb2:
You see how Steve's photo has resulted in all this extra work on the rear,. I'm sure he spends his evenings serching his never ending supply of photos for added titbits. Don't let him tell you it had camo as well in various colors.:smiling2:
Keep up the good work.
John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Richard - thanks. It would be easier to construct in 35th that's for sure. 72nd is pushing it a bit to make so small but I think the links will still look better than the rubber kit offering

Cheers Ian

John - got to have pewter :thumb2::smiling: Dads radio cover works well - unfortunately he doesn't! Just tends to flail about bashing at anything and everything rather than looking at what he is doing. I found the whole thing, radio and cover, on the floor the other day :rolling:

Scottie - thanks. I previously made one in 48th for the scratch built Whippet I did on MM (and still haven't finished off :smiling4: ) Being a bit larger they worked better. Whip-174_2013-04-30.JPG

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
mk1-035_2018-10-5.jpgmk1-036_2018-10-5.jpg

I managed to get a couple of days off work so spent most of today bashing out track links and made a start on assembly

With the punch only being made from plastic it is starting to wear so some of the track rivets are not as well defined as they should be - good job the thing will be in mud. Plenty of chance to hide such deficiencies :thumb2:

I hope they will look ok in the end as this is a very time consuming process