Smythe Meister's Mk. IX. ICM 1/48

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ere we go with my Flying fing Spitfire build...... :dizzy:
It`s only a ICM 1/48th,so most of the pics will be familiar after watching a lot of the other Guy`s entries.....
s-l500 (1).jpg

IMG20220602152714.jpg
IMG20220602152800.jpg
IMG20220602152904.jpg
.... Not got much AM for it,but i HAVE bought this.....
IMG20220602153115.jpg
That`s enough for me..,., I have some Ground crew to put on.... but that`s for a Dio to be seen after this GB!;):tongue-out3::thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for that IAN....
... Forewarned and all that eh?!!:thumb2:
Either way,it`s great to get all you Wingy Builders offering up tips for us armour builders!!:hugging-face:
..... So i`m gonna certainly take on several 1/48 planes,if it doesn`t work out,never mind.... i`ll just move on:thumb2: !
Andy

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
unless you are intending to have the gunbays open - take care with the fitting of the doors - they take a bit of fettling to get a good flush fit!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good luck Andy!!!

Now you know how I felt when I tried that helicopter you sent me!! ;) :smiling5:
Probably why he sent it Andrew.
Sorry Andy , your not really like that as I know well .

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
ICM, not an outfit I'm familiar with, it will be good to see yours built.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good Lord Andy, you're gonna need a bigger bench with all your builds. Can't go wrong with a Spitfire.

Don't confuse him Tim, he'll stick a turret on it or put wings on his Greyhound!!
HA!! Yes indeed Jim!....... Got only the 2 on the go at the mo..... but i guess that could change like the weather!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy,
unless you are intending to have the gunbays open - take care with the fitting of the doors - they take a bit of fettling to get a good flush fit!
Dave
Dave,I`m hearing more and more about the pitfalls of these kits,and i`m trying to remember them all before i commit to each stage of glue!!.... My plan is to have this one on a Pan,with Air/Groundcrew in the vacinity!:thumb2:

Probably why he sent it Andrew.
Sorry Andy , your not really like that as I know well .
Hee Hee... No i`m not John.... but a good rouse none the less!! ;)

ICM, not an outfit I'm familiar with, it will be good to see yours built.
Thanks Colin... me neither to be honest!.... I`m just as interested to see how it turns out as you are !! :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So then,I thought it best to just show that i have actually done something to this,instead of just plodding along with my 25 Pounder Kit:thumb2:!!
.... I`m in slow time as i`m not a regular Plane builder,and i wanna try and get it right!:flushed:
Anyway,As i want to portray my Spit in a Dio scene eventually,i cut out the door panel,(Nothing Clever by me BTW as thye option was presented in the destructions!!).....
IMG20220605164742 (2).jpg
Also you can see the tentative steps of the engine build,not sure how much further to build it up yet as i`m aware of the upcoming problems!!..... and now how i`ve tried to paint the cockpit so far.... early days,that i`m well prepared for;) ... so here it is in crap pics........
IMG20220614190605 (3).jpg
.... I know,I know..... but it`s a start!!
Thanks for looking in:thumb2:,
Andy

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Very impressive Mr. Smiff and off to a good start too!!! Wing thingy's are pretty cool and I will follow your mistakes progress with great interest. I'm in for Ian's Mossie GB and need the help in working with 1/48 scale myself (kinda small vs.1/35). You'll be fine Andy and you got a lot of experts behind you if you need help........

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Coming on nicely Andy. Soon have it buttoned up……

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
looking good so far Andy,
just watch those cannon covers, my advice is to get them sort for fitting before you glue the wings together,

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry that it`s been a while for an update on this one guys!!.....
Work,life and TANKFEST got in the way!!:anguished:
I must be lacking for sure in my modelling efforts these days:angry:,when it comes to AFVs i`m well confident:thumb2:...
BUT,with flying Fings,(Much as i love `em),my "Skills" seem to desert me!!:flushed:...
... I`ve watched "Langy" build up his plane with no problems at all,... very envious,as i have the very same kit,but find the vague instructions a bit annoying and very cryptic !!
I WILL still keep on with it mind,if for practice only!! ....
IMG20220701191348.jpg

Had to do a LOT of filler,not great,.... but i don`t actually think the kit is anyway!!
IMG20220630191401.jpg
Bought that,but it came with NO instructions at all.... quick look on the net ... seemed to sort it... i hope so!!:anguished:....
Here`s where i am so far,(and i`m VERY aware of my lost airplane build stuff!!)).....
IMG20220701192724.jpg
When i look at what the other guys have done i realise that i should stick to AFVs :dizzy:!!
However,i have a few Plane kits in the stash,so.... stand by to be awash with crap planes from the "Smythmeister"!! ;)
Thanks for looking in,and apologies for the assault on your peepers!!
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

I feel the same about planes sometimes but then I think only practice makes perfect!

Keep the great work.

Andrew