Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

36301_a__95208.1491196861__09515.1552390467.jpgthumbnail_TA36310.jpgA13D-mPJoGL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Two Tamiya figures and one Dragon. I've made all of these a couple of times before, but wanted newer versions for the cabinet.

I'll start with the Tamiya tank crewman. I've aleady done the tank officer version of this kit:

100_5380.JPG

Now it's time to do the alternative SPG officer version. The sprue:

100_6886.JPG

This will require some changes to the insignia and definitely a new head.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right , front row please Peter.
Where's the dog ?:smiling2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Phew i managed to get in quick alongside Percy Race,Pews pulled up and cafitierre full.Proceed Monsieur.
Richard.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter, the definition on the clothing is really superb, you certainly have the skill to achieve folds and shadows. :surprised:

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - I'll keep sending my son out to refill the cafetiere. Take a seat.

Ralph - Thank you.

John - Well, only the collar done, but at least the fiddly insignia is painted. I can enjoy myself with the uniform now.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Peter,
You've captured that smug look on his face like I know something you don't thingy. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Jason
Nice job already Peter....I can barely type never mind paint anything.... I’ve been blitzing my jungle of a garden for the last 2 days and can barely move after a long bath!
stay well everyone!

• Haha

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Good start to an alternative dress code for the tanker, promoted to the artillery, probably why he is so stmug!

The better weather yesterday caused a diversion to the lawn mower!

But I did get the Spitfire cockpit sprayed after a full service of the AB.

The Stug and Flak I look good for paint today too, fingers crossed as it rained over night so no gardening.

Have a good day with the uniform drapery, your favourite

What colour are you using for the uniform, German green or a greener green?

Best wishes to all the patients too, are you feeling better with no relapses?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Jason - Serves you right! Gardening is something that it's better to watch than indulge in, in my book. Back and neck problems have halted most of my gardening activities unfortunately, so my newly semi-retired wife will have to live up to her promise to 'sort it all out.'

Steve - . I'm going for the greener Vallejo 'German Uniform' because I like it. Probably not as accurate, but it makes a huge difference to the overall look of the thing. Feeling a bit better at last, thanks; Naomi has had a relapse, but Emily in Lewes is doing OK so far. Have fun with the AB.

First Name
Andrew
Good to read that you're on the mend Mr Day! I've enjoyed watching what you've been doing, as you soldier on despite being poorly. No drop in quality there! I hope that the rest of your family can recover soon too.
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just arrived in time. How yer feeling sir? Plenty to keep you going here for a few days. Will look on with interest and protect JR from the dog :smiling2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in Andy and Steve. I may have been a bit over-optimistic about the virus, as I've started feeling awful again. My younger daughter, Naomi, has also had a relapse, so I guess that's the way it goes. B****y fed up with it now.

Anyway, got the uniform done, bar some tweaking:

100_6890.JPG100_6891.JPG100_6892.JPG100_6893.JPG

Off to bed......

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter as usual you deliver stunning work...l hope that you will feel better...

D

Deleted member 6559

Greg - Many thanks. Not too bad after a sleep.

Scottie - Welcome aboard.

Shenanigans:

100_6900.JPG100_6901.JPG100_6902.JPG

I wasn't happy with the eyes on the first head, tried to touch them up a bit, but only ended up making them worse. I decided to ditch it and try and find another, and this one was lurking in the spares box with a badly damaged paint job. I repainted it and stuck it on, only to find that there was quite a gap between the neck and collar. A couple of tense hours with filler and Milliput later and I think it's OK. To be honest, I prefer him wearing the cap, as Plan A would have meant it covering a lot of detail on the jacket.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
He looks excellent mate.Really has an smug cocky look about him.Uniform colour looks really nice.Hope you all feel better real soon.
Pip pip onk onk.
Richard.