Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard. He sure looks like he needs taking down a peg or two..

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Going back over finished work is a strong temptation to resist, good save with the new head though.

The German green looks as good as field Grey any day, and another success with the drapery.

Sorry to hear that the patients had a tough day, hopefully a better day today?

It seems to be the way of the virus! Sadly

I did get out eventually after sorting out the ""Man drawer"", the same one that was a joke by Michael McIntyre.

Its another cold but clear day, not bad for AB work after 12 noon when everything has warmed up.

Enjoy finishing off the accessories and have a good day all round

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - The first head would have niggles too much and caused endless regret. I should now get him finished today, virus permitting. Looks like warm weather for us too - our summer season seems to get earlier each year.

D

Deleted member 6559

That's the first figure finished:

100_6908.JPG100_6909.JPG100_6910.JPG100_6911.JPG

Today's session involved painting and attaching the map-case, binoculars, right hand, holster and awards. I then gave him a coat of matt varnish, then picked out the leather parts with satin.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very nice ,Peter.
I was just about to compliment you the first head and I carried on reading only to find it had bitten the dust!
But I DO like the new head too .

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank you.

Neil - Two heads are better than one!

Richard - Trop gentil, mon brave.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
For me the face and overall finish is your best to date excellent work mate.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Scottie. It's a simple figure, but well-sculpted and fun to paint.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great finish with the artillery officer, is a side by side with the previous versions possible with your current 3 figures?

Which one next the DAK or zeltbahn grenadier?

Looks like another bright day too, and we have another home delivery to create some excitement.

Is everyone back on the road to recovery?

Have a good day with the new victim and the next head

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve - He's squeezed into the cabinet near the previous version. Everyone holding their own here - I've still got the cough, but apparently that can last quite a while. Katherine has to go in to the office today; a bit worrying as there is still no testing here for NHS staff and so no way of knowing if she's actually had the virus. She's been in isolation for the three weeks since I first showed signs, and they're not visiting care homes at the moment, so it should all be OK. Enjoy the home delivery.

D

Deleted member 6559

100_6912.JPG

Time for the next one. I can't find photos of the previous version of this, nor can I find the actual model in order to photograph it, but I built it pretty much OOB, except that I ended up changing the legs - I found the desert boots pretty much impossible to paint tidily that time, and I will probably replace them this time in order to save the angst. My intention is to depict and NCO of the Herman Goering Division, Tunisia 1943.

The sprues:

100_6913.JPG100_6915.JPG

You get quite a lot for your money with this kit, including numerous hat options and the water cans.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter.
To me your best painted head yet. Talk about arrogant looking .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
The first Tamiya tank crewman has a lovely finish Peter :thumb2:
Very nice!

The second one looks interesting too, '+1' for the cactus!

Have fun,
Steven

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thanks. He does look like he needs a slap, doesn't he?

Steve. Cheers. Unfortunately the cactus has an unrealistic grid-like pattern, so I may sand it down or use something else.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Missed this - sorry. I do prefer the head with the hat. Whole figure is great.
Hope you're on the mend now.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Thanks. I much prefer the second head as well.

This is what I've come up with:

100_6916.JPG100_6917.JPG

He's now a DAK machine-gunner. Tunisia 1943. I did initially try to just swap the boots, but I had none that really fitted, so I chopped the legs off and gave him these Dragon fallschirmjager legs instead. Quite a lot of fettling and filling was required, but I think they look OK. I've given him some extra equipment from the spares box, and have made up the water cans for the base. He'll be holding the water bottle in his right hand, and have the MG in his left, with the butt resting n the ground.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That face looks a bit suspect , Peter, I'll be interested to see how it paints up.....