Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard - He should work out. Not one of Tamiya's best, with so-so sculpting and a poor fit. The legs were from some parts given to me by your good self.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

A bright and warm one to come, good for the painting.

Looks like you have given the figure a nice twist to create another unique entrant for the cabinet.

Hopefully the head will play nicely, he does seem to be having a good laugh about something?

Nice work on the double leg-ectomy too.

Good to hear everyone is in recovery.

Our delivery was dealt with quickly with some arguing and lots of decontaminating but all done now.

Have a good day with the head, I'm off to the garage once it warms up a little more.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve - Amazing weather, and how different things would be without CV. At least those of us lucky enough to have a garden can enjoy it. Our neighbourhood has got quite lively with everyone at home, which means that the 'Noisy family' a couple of doors away are to the fore (four teenage children).

I will start with the head today. It is 'characterful' but I'm all for that. I've been spending the late evenings having 'cabinet sessions', which are attempts to look at my work objectively. Very hard to do as your eye tends to go straight to the niggles you've had with each figure, but it helps shed light on where improvements can be made in one's technique.

Glad 'Operation Home Delivery' went well. Stay safe.

Peter.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The painting is good as ever,He has a really leer about him,Bit of a ingratiating smile or Mr Pervy wink.Onwards ye go Carruthers and keep them brushes wet.
Rich.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Richard.

He looks like he's posing for a photo and the kit includes a chameleon to be balanced on his right forearm to highten that affect. I used it in my first version.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job on this Peter, he has an echo of Stan Laurel about him.....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
He certainly is a cheeky chappie. You have done well to capture his features so nicely. Outstanding work as always Peter

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work on the tanned complexion, it really is difficult to step outside your normal palette with skin colours, well done.

He does favour Stan Laurel, a little, he really does seem to have had something tickle him.

Perhaps its the chameleon?

What colours did you use on the helmet and jacket?

The DAK uniform can be so varied, with it getting bleached quickly by the sun.

Its gone all misty and grey up't North and cool too.

Have a good day with the paints and enjoy the start of the Easter break, though I guess for most of us, it will seem like just another day like yesterday!

Regards

Steve H

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Good job,Peter! To be fair, smiling faces are probably the most difficult to sculpt convincingly, never mind paint.

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J - Many thanks.

Steve H - I found the darker flesh tones hard at first - took two attempts to get more comfortable with it. The helmet was done with Vallejo Desert Yellow and Buff over Blue Grey, and the jacket is based on Camo Olive Green with a lot of white added. The trousers will be done with Stone Grey.

It's going to be hot here this weekend - so typical, when we can't get out into it.

Neil - I've since done a bit more work on the face and he's looking slightly more normal now.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super exhibition in drapery, well done yet again, the cuff title looks spot on, I didn't realise 1:16 had so many supporting accessories!

Looks like another good day for trousers too, perhaps even some accessories and a chameleon?

Better get on with anything outside today as its heading to a frosty Easter Monday, another typical British Bank Holiday for weather but everything else is anything but typical!

Lent finishes tomorrow and who would have thought so much would have changed since Ash Wednesday just a few weeks ago.

It will be years before we get back to anything like it used to be, and for some things it is perhaps better we don't go back to what it was!

Perhaps too deep for a Saturday morning!

Sorry

Have a good day with the paints

Enjoy the chocolate tomorrow and Happy Easter

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - As you can see, there was an awful lot of detail on the jacket to pick out, though I rather think that the sculptor was more concerned with getting the detail right, than thinking about the way the thing folded and creased. Should get the trousers at least done today, but will keep the accessories for later. I wasn't intending to use the chameleon, but perhaps I'll have it sitting on a jerry-can.

Warm and sunny here, then a change signalled for Monday. My in-laws are celebrating mass on-line, and rather enjoying picking and choosing where they attend - I think it was Warwick yesterday. I agree that it would be nice if some of the things Covid-19 has put a stop to stayed that way.

As a diabetic, no choccy for me tomorrow, darn it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Peter
Lovely weather. Dog walked and breakfast taken outside.
I do like the work so far. The tanned, smiling face is very characterful.
Jim