Sonderkommando 'Elbe' in the skies over Germany. 7th April 1945.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ok, so I wanted to sit with my friends and watch the build and next thing I'm strapped into a bed with you and the Good Mr. Drennen and 570's going on about needles and such and what's this got to do with......and where did the needle come from........OUCH!! Why Hello Nurse Lovelace.......is it true , you only drink beer from a long necked bottle? ...........to be continued......(I'm sure) Rick H. :tongue-out3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Mucker.
The camo. has been a right pain to try and get summat like the 'Real thing'. I've given it my best shot, but I can see where it needs tweaking a bit.

But to be honest, I'm not that bothered. The fun will hopefully be in the demolition, and yes indeed, Justine's chucking ability. Better get her to practice!

Thanks for your positive input on the model's progress.

Your Servant,
Ivan Ifor A Rekkidge

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
570....only you have a complete aray af fully functional and flying models of WW2 aircraft with female flight crew included, for full operations, all the while standing by to prepare meals and sundry other services etc. etc...AMAZING!!!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570....only you have a complete aray af fully functional and flying models of WW2 aircraft with female flight crew included, for full operations, all the while standing by to prepare meals and sundry other services etc. etc...AMAZING!!!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.
At this point I'm saying nothing ! You've got us into trouble before Rick . :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.

453. To my eternal shame, I've forgotten to mention the latest member to the, shall I call it, 'The Crazy Gang'?...Our very own, Mr. Gerry.
I have found out he is in the assessment centre, which luckily is next to your high security ward.
Can you do me a favour? I know you 'residents' have a morse code system by banging on the pipes. Can you message Gerry to inform him of the good news?
I realise you can't move much, but can you use morse by head butting the wall? Much obliged.
Thank you for your co-operation and by way of a thank you, I'll arrange for an extra flake in your 99!

Update.
The brushed on colour scheme was difficult, but it looks o.k. and from 20,000 ft. and in bits, it should pass muster!
Decals added. Luckily, I had some spare, so just like my close attempt at the real camouflage scheme, I've managed the same with the decals(Sort of/kind'a)
All near enough for me.

Here is the fighter on it's way to impact.......
P1300241.JPG

P1300237.JPG

P1300242.JPG

P1300238.JPG

I'll tidy things up after I've 'demolized' the aircraft....If that makes sense!:upside:
Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 Like a brand of certain cakes that's exceedingly nice. (Other cakes are available)

Would you mind explaining who this Mr Gregg is, the only Gregg I've heard of are paviours of sausage rolls.

On day release in Brighton.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry 453 - Senior Moment. Obviously I was referring to our good mate Gerry.

As an aside, the camouflage is a serious attempt at trying to get as close as my limited skills allow, to copy a Bf 109 of I/JG 53, Lechfeld, Germany, May 1945.

...and not a slice of cake! :upside: ;)

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Sorry 453 - Senior Moment. Obviously I was referring to our good mate Gerry.

As an aside, the camouflage is a serious attempt at trying to get as close as my limited skills allow, to copy a Bf 109 of I/JG 53, Lechfeld, Germany, May 1945.

...and not a slice of cake!
I'm not too sure about the assessment - not sure if I want to 'pass' or 'fail' it :thinking:
The cammo looks fine to me, but I'm no expert!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
570. I’m here Like Rick said I just get seated then JR gets Rick and I strapped up and guess who shows up..... anyway nice looking progress thought I would say that before it’s lights out for me. Good night Patient 309.
6CF781DE-6281-476A-ABB1-D66CA46ACF82.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Too late Gerry............your in and for it now! Matron is wild with the needle but claims it is necessary to keep JR from harming himself and others, as you can see from the above pic, she is not "Faffing" around....your alternative would be to slip out the back and head down to the "Clacker" for a few line dancing lessons....free on Wednesdays if you buy a pint....after 6pm of course. I'd stick around if I were you as 570 does some pretty "Mean" builds and has been known to motivate certain individuals from time to time (no names...to protect the innocent) and being as how you are a bit of a newbie you might find it inspirational as well.......Nurse Lovelace will see to your every need so make yourself to home and get "Crazy" like the rest of us! Apologies to 570 if I was a bit long in my oration.............ZZZZZzzzzzzzz Rick H.