Soon to lay the keel, Trumpeter 1 350 Taszkient or Taskent

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Bob!!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
I have yet to find a way to finish PE railings, other than careful brush painting after assembly! The only ships I could make with an overall spray finish for deck & railings are the US Navy WWII Pacific warships!!!!!
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
I have yet to find a way to finish PE railings, other than careful brush painting after assembly! The only ships I could make with an overall spray finish for deck & railings are the US Navy WWII Pacific warships!!!!!
Dave
Cheers Dave, does seem a very fiddly bit to do! Was wondering if either card or paper strips placed behind railings were possible might work??

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Cheers Dave, does seem a very fiddly bit to do! Was wondering if either card or paper strips placed behind railings were possible might work??
You have to do both sides of the rail - I can't see how you can mask the bottom edge of the rail from the deck! You have enough trouble getting the rails to stay in place without tempting fate by doing this! It is slow & fiddly, but causes less disturbance!
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
You have to do both sides of the rail - I can't see how you can mask the bottom edge of the rail from the deck! You have enough trouble getting the rails to stay in place without tempting fate by doing this! It is slow & fiddly, but causes less disturbance!
Dave
Good point, was waiting to see who spotted that first ;):tongue-out3:
Bob,
All looking very nice to me mate.
Hi Paul, some seroius touching up to do, time for the mini roller lol

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I don't know how you go about curves but I lay the length of railing on a cutting mat. That has a bit of give in it. I roll it with something round and hard, a pen, a bit of brass tube etc. The smaller the roller and the harder you press the tighter the curve.
Please ignore this if you already do similar :smiling:
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I don't know how you go about curves but I lay the length of railing on a cutting mat. That has a bit of give in it. I roll it with something round and hard, a pen, a bit of brass tube etc. The smaller the roller and the harder you press the tighter the curve.
Please ignore this if you already do similar :smiling:
Jim
Same Jim, cracking advice. I was wondering about the effect of different roller, cannot ignore excellent advice Jim and much appreciated

Bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Almost done, bridge and first funnel added
20211103_105300.jpg20211103_105321.jpg20211103_105329.jpg

At last it almost looks like a ship!!!

Fair bit to touch up on the blue front and still to do the last railings and some AA guns etc.

Forgot to paint the ships boats, bugger! I need to sort it out for the Graf Spee, i have spent too much time painting instead of all at the same time.

Cheers bob