Soviet Tank Build GB Chat

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, I’ve been to the LHS and picked my victim. They never had my first or second choices, in fact, not much Russian stuff at all. Anyway, the KV seems to already be well covered.

I came away with this though….,
549ACDB7-88A7-4969-BC87-1B1CAD98A09B.jpeg
it’s on a KV chassis, but is a failed SP gun variant. Apparently it was fitted with two 45mm guns and a 76mm gun……God knows why :tongue-out3:
Should be a little different though.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well, I’ve been to the LHS and picked my victim. They never had my first or second choices, in fact, not much Russian stuff at all. Anyway, the KV seems to already be well covered.

I came away with this though….,
View attachment 442117
it’s on a KV chassis, but is a failed SP gun variant. Apparently it was fitted with two 45mm guns and a 76mm gun……God knows why :tongue-out3:
Should be a little different though.
Very nice Tim I really like the Boxart looks very cold. You can never get enough KVs in my book

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just wondering what my dear friend Bob the Stug is going to do, will he force himself to enter and bathe in the elixir 4BO .:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::nerd: Can't wait for this .

Sorry to dissapoint a few of you but folks not for me with a lot of StuGs and ships to get on with and far more important Julies dad being very poorly in hospital my mind is elsewhere

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Big jump up from figgie painting Tim............looks a fun project and as you say, a bit different. Rick H.
I’ve made tanks before Rick, though nothing as big as this, and at least the painting will be easier………my biggest tank previous to this was a Panther for an old MM group build. I might look for a commander figure though LOL…..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's a shot of those Rooskie figs you were asking about Lee.....there are 12 figs. but only 7 of 'em are riders....not sure I'll even do that many, you won't see the tank for all the hitch hikers on board. :tongue-out3: The second photo is just "eye candy" for Mr. Eberle (Minitanker) ;) There are 124 unbuilt Preiser kits in that box. This is what happens when you buy kits for over 40 years.P1012015.JPGP1012014.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is what happens when you buy kits for over 40 years.
Well Rick I don’t feel so bad now buying all those different Scale Model kits over the years. I like the figs would like to see you use them I’m thinking about using some 1/48 figs myself

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I’ve made tanks before Rick, though nothing as big as this, and at least the painting will be easier………my biggest tank previous to this was a Panther for an old MM group build. I might look for a commander figure though LOL…..
Don't tell me.....
He'll be a Russian Ork Commander,
wearing a Dwarf's Helmet standing in the Turret waving a Troll's club ?! ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to dissapoint a few of you but folks not for me with a lot of StuGs and ships to get on with and far more important Julies dad being very poorly in hospital my mind is elsewhere
Yes far more important things to think about Bob, hope Julie's dad is getting on ok .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
What a way to start the New Year,
Sorry to hear that Bob,I hope things get better for you soon mate.
All the best,
Andy and Rach.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks for your kind thoughts. Its very much appreciated.

We were called to the hospital 2 days ago, of course fearing the worse, however hes still with us and there has been a small improvement. Dreading the phone ringing!

By the way i have built 2 russki things in that green stuf, forgot its name;)
20220105_144816.jpg20220105_144844.jpg
Why are my photos going wonky?????

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

We were called to the hospital 2 days ago, of course fearing the worse, however hes still with us and there has been a small improvement. Dreading the phone ringing!

View attachment 442191View attachment 442192
Yes, wonky and OMG..... They're not StuGs or a ship..... Perhaps your camera was trying to reject them and the wonkiness was the result....;);)

As for the green, I think it's called 6HO, H2O, R2D2, C3P0 or something of that ilk....:smiling5:

In all seriousness though, I hope that however the situation with your father-in-law pans out it doesn't drag on and that he's not in too much pain or discomfort.

ATB.

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Yes, wonky and OMG..... They're not StuGs or a ship..... Perhaps your camera was trying to reject them and the wonkiness was the result....;);)

As for the green, I think it's called 6HO, H2O, R2D2, C3P0 or something of that ilk....:smiling5:

In all seriousness though, I hope that however the situation with your father-in-law pans out it doesn't drag on and that he's not in too much pain or discomfort.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, your eyesite is not wonky lol.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark

View attachment 442191View attachment 442192
A nice pair of stugski's comrade!