Soviet Tank Build GB Chat

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Having looked through the stash I have made a decision Lee .
One of my many favourite Russian beasts, the one and only KV 2 .
This will be set in the winter , with snow , ice and a half submerged KV 2 .
Well that’s one way of getting out of track building John ;) Bet it’s good though!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Having looked through the stash I have made a decision Lee .
One of my many favourite Russian beasts, the one and only KV 2 .
This will be set in the winter , with snow , ice and a half submerged KV 2 .
Well that’s one way of getting out of track building John ;) Bet it’s good though!
John

I'm sure I saw Plasmo do a partially submerged KV2 a while ago.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

I'm sure I saw Plasmo do a partially submerged KV2 a while ago.....
Yes he did a very nice one Andrew. There are photos of a KV 2 in a bog, which I have done before, though that was in the spring or summer .This time however I thought I'd do the winter version . I don't know if the real one had happened in the winter, it certainly didn't have any trace of any winter wash .
A search if the net and books will have to take place I think , I'd like to do true life one if possible. .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Oh so now its playing ball ,when I tried to post just now it told me I had insufficient something or other to post here? Any way still keeping the build close to my chest but to show willing got hold of these two usually go with mig /ammo yellow top stuff but thought I'd give these a run out(not that I havent used mr hobby aqueous before)so not long now then.
20220122_110751.jpg
One is 4BO the other 4BO1947? The later looking a nicer shade but as I say 4BO bit of a enigma much like the old panzer gray. Dave

Attachments

• 20220122_110751.jpg
    20220122_110751.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh so now its playing ball ,when I tried to post just now it told me I had insufficient something or other to post here?
You where trying to post in a DEAD THREAD. Once a GB is approved and given a place of its own, the thread that was for the suggestion of a GB Gets closed and moved out of the way.
To avoid any further confusion the "parking slot" has been removed from view.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh so now its playing ball ,when I tried to post just now it told me I had insufficient something or other to post here? Any way still keeping the build close to my chest but to show willing got hold of these two usually go with mig /ammo yellow top stuff but thought I'd give these a run out(not that I havent used mr hobby aqueous before)so not long now then.
View attachment 443480
One is 4BO the other 4BO1947? The later looking a nicer shade but as I say 4BO bit of a enigma much like the old panzer gray. Dave
Considering the variations in manufacturing in a middle of a war, near enough would have done. Of course you could always excite Bob by painting it Grey David:smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Considering the variations in manufacturing in a middle of a war, near enough would have done. Of course you could always excite Bob by painting it Grey David:smiling3:
Yeh green is green didn't realise these were available in the aqueous range so just thought I'd give em a squirt instead of all the other jars and bottles I've got with 4BO written on them. As I said John 4BO and panzer grey a bit of a enigma ,trouble is Bob likes his grey I prefer ìt more on the faded levi shade of blue ,not a stug but have got a marder 111? I think to build at some point that definitely comes in grey. Dave

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well here I go again after studying these instructions I think I can build this with no problems at first glance I was a little intimidated but this will be my build. Sorry guys for changing my mind so much.
EA48D713-1A50-4D9E-9FD9-08C8E9B07B13.jpeg3D2171CA-A412-4CF9-AFAF-57065B95703E.jpeg42D8C651-81F3-434E-AAC8-2655B3E1EA87.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I like it.....I think you will enjoy it Lee....being a Tammy Kit, it should "fall" together for you. Looking forward to the GB. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Does give them a bit of heft Dave, but don’t quite get it myself either. Great choice though, probably my favourite RussIan tank.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I like it.....I think you will enjoy it Lee....being a Tammy Kit, it should "fall" together for you. Looking forward to the GB. Rick H.
Thanks Rick I figured that it would and is bigger so that’s a plus for me