Steam graveyard

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
P

Polux

You can try the trees with "thyme".

Once dry looks perfect and then you only need add some leaves.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the tip polux and glad you like it Ian

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's hard to say which way is best with all the other parts to go into it at the moment KP but I do like the second position facing towards the door. Great start

D

Deleted member 3568

anyone got any ideas about how to make a birds nest in this scale I just think that funnel is begging for one in the top.

P

Polux

A birds nest...? I will try something that I have in mind, if it works, I will post how to do it ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
late in to this one Ken but a very nice start and looking good so far, like the back round pics,,:rolleyes:

nice work with the rust effect as well,

nice go at a tree as well, there always tricky things,and your never happy with how they look,well thats me , ;)

thats an interesting one will have a think on it,but maybe Polux ,will come up with some think,

im thinking some type of darning tread, :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good ken , a nest hum you could try some thin wire coiled in a spiral shape then put some pva on it and cover it with some mixed herbs , I use a similar method to make dead bushes :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

Just thinking practically, which I think is always useful with a diorama, and trying to understand how things are done to give you a more realistic scene. To remove the front roller somehow the boiler would be jacked up and the roller 'rolled' out. If you wanted the steering yoke removing as well it would then be dropped out of the boiler front. Throughout this operation and the proces of removing it the boiler would have to be supported by either lifting it with a gantry and a crane or jacking it up. Consequently I would either build a gantry with chain blocks hanging from it or an arrangement of blocks with a hydraulic jack and possibly a cradle to protect the boiler would be very practical and realistic.

I definately think the boiler should be pointed outwards so the detail in the roller and the yoke can be seen. Maybe even some tool boxes and tools or if this is just a scrap yard then maybe the boiler would simply be resting on a trestle. Just some thoughts.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks all for the thoughts, always welcome I was not happy with the positioning of the roller so will have some thought on if it is to be just a scrap yard or a reclamation yard. Thanks keep the ideas coming.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Guys and Gals here is tonight's little offering. I have tried an experiment I wanted to get that effect where the metal appears to blister with rust underneath the paint, don't know if there is an exsiting way of doing this, but this is my experimental method, let me know if you think its convincing

View attachment 86550

View attachment 86551

View attachment 86552

View attachment 86553

and here is whats in the junk yard at the moment.

View attachment 86554

View attachment 86555

View attachment 86556

View attachment 86557

View attachment 86558

View attachment 86559

IMAG1801.jpg

IMAG1802.jpg

IMAG1803.jpg

IMAG1804.jpg

CRW_2429.JPG

CRW_2431.JPG

CRW_2432.JPG

CRW_2435.JPG

CRW_2436.JPG

CRW_2437.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Could you use a small ball of cotton wool for the nest? You'd have to soak it in cold tea or coffee or similar to get the colour as paint would clog up the cotton strands.

Gern

PS Great work so far Ken!