Take three tanks, coffee stirrers, twigs, a door, polystyrene and some filler. Gently stir...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to everyone for all your encouraging comments. Much appreciated.

Andrew - Luckily, it's the actual gloss finish to the old cupboard door. It has formed a great base colour and shine for any further work needed on the water's surface - Of which there will be plenty......

That’s looking great Ron, as for the tree in the water, or should I say on top of the water. That’s the problem Ron.

Yes indeedy, it is "On top of the water." But I haven't decided if the tree will stay or not. If it does stay it will be most deffo. in the water... :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
As I wrote earlier in the thread, I needed to add more trees and snow.

In my mind's eye, I'm trying to get a late winter, early spring look - Bl**dy cold still, but the sun is starting to warm mother earth a bit.

So here are the additional extras. Thickening the amount of trees and adding an extra flurry of snow has made a big, if subtle difference to the scene. Nearly there with this phase of the build.
P1240831.JPG

This morning I just caught some nice shadows.
P1240836.JPG

P1240833.JPG

P1240832.JPG

P1240838.JPG

P1240840.JPG

P1240837.JPG

Cheers all and I hope you approve of these latest additions.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Really quite disturbingly real looking. Third photo is amazingly realistic.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great pics 570, I particularly like the next to last shot, with the mottley grey clouds in the background and the shadow of the bridge cast on the water.
Cheers, Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Top stuff. Reminds me of winters of my youth in Buffalo NY. PaulE

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just caught up with this gem!

See, if I tried to make a bridge with a crooked handrail, it'd look exactly like I hadn't taken enough care with my build. Yours looks totally natural as if someone's carried out a hasty repair job.

Why can't I get the same effect???:loudly-crying::loudly-crying::loudly-crying::loudly-crying::loudly-crying:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Utter perfection my friend.
Agree with Paul about your photography skills. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to all for your great and rather embarrassing posts. Totally unjustified, but great reading none the less!.... :smiling4::smiling4:

I've made a start on the 'Ice' using polyfilla (Other parrot orifice fillers are available) ... :flushed:

I'm trying to get a balance between the slowly thawing ice, the disturbance caused by the armour crossing the river and the reflections, particularly as I don't want to loose too much of the latter.

Here's the ice so far....

P1240842.JPG

Cheers all and thanks again for the encouraging posts.

Ron

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks to all for your great and rather embarrassing posts. Totally unjustified, but great reading none the less!.... :smiling4::smiling4:

I've made a start on the 'Ice' using polyfilla (Other parrot orifice fillers are available) ... :flushed:

I'm trying to get a balance between the slowly thawing ice, the disturbance caused by the armour crossing the river and the reflections, particularly as I don't want to loose too much of the latter.

Here's the ice so far....
View attachment 362654

View attachment 362655

View attachment 362656

Cheers all and thanks again for the encouraging posts.

Ron
Like-WOW!!!

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Ron totally amazing effect
Pete thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator: