Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent bit of scratching mick , little details like this make a huge difference overall , cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mick , apologies for missing so much of this great build.
Your certainly pushing on this , that ejector seat is worthy of a build in its self .
The committee rarely give any credit while a kit is in progress, but that seat alone is worth an early
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Again ,nice bit of detailing,gonna be a great build this one :thumb2:
Thanks for staying with this one Mark
Excellent bit of scratching mick , little details like this make a huge difference overall , cheers tony
Thanks Tony
Wonderful detailing.

I hate to say this but you've missed the cigarette butt on the floor and the dead spider under the seat. Both well within your capabilities and 'If a jobs worth doing it's worth doing right' :smiling: :hungry: :smiling:
You're quite right Jim I really am slacking, I'll get right on it when these early shifts are done
Mick , apologies for missing so much of this great build.
Your certainly pushing on this , that ejector seat is worthy of a build in its self .
The committee rarely give any credit while a kit is in progress, but that seat alone is worth an early
View attachment 463566
Congratulations.
I don't know what to say JR but it's greatfully accepted. No pressure for the rest of the build now. :hungry:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
First of all an apology as I did actually say I’d finished detailing the cockpit. Unfortunately I had some time on my hands at work and had my F-16 bible with me. Technically this is canopy but still in the general area This unit is quite prominent and is the receiver unit that tracks the movement of the pilots helmet, so after some head scratching I made a start. Bit rough yet but this was 20 minutes work this morning. Mk1 attempt.
825F1CAE-BD76-4D13-90B8-41FD6CBE5A12.jpeg

266694BE-B3C6-44A7-9CD0-BEB707F32D03.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Really Mick?......
You ain't seen some of the "Bears" around these parts ;) !!
Seriously though mate,that looks excellent... Well done indeed :smiling3:
Cheers Andy, if they’re that rough please hang on to them, don’t want them leaving Devon

Right that’s it, cable connector, rolled lead wire clip and sufficient wire now for it to vanish behind the ejector seat

633758DE-4B3F-4A27-8F4E-3DA3A2470DCD.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You're hooked Mick!!! This project just had 4 months added to the build time. Just when you think you can move on to the next step, oops, I just noticed I forgot to scratch this or that (not the bear's behind though)....Really great job on the details Sir!!!....

Don't you just love reference material???...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
You're hooked Mick!!! This project just had 4 months added to the build time. Just when you think you can move on to the next step, oops, I just noticed I forgot to scratch this or that (not the bear's behind though)....Really great job on the details Sir!!!....

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, only 4 months
I’ve only myself to blame having not ignored the book in the build blog I was watching but I totally agree and fully understand why so much research goes into some builds.
Take care

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

Prost
Allen
Sometimes ...
Steve

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Minor update, forgot the control cables to the chaff/flare programmer. Now sorted and the ends will be hidden behind the seat frame. I might have after taking this added another cable on the left of the cockpit
95CAAF4A-765E-423E-A724-F5562F1E8A1E.jpeg

Last edited:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Now the part I’ve been putting off again, removing the mould line off the main canopy.
First with a new blade scrape off carefully, Then working with different grades of sanding stick until I’d removed all the marks. Just got to give it a final polish. Not quite as scary as the first one.
5CEFCE3B-79CB-4536-AEF4-BDEF1F15E254.jpeg

13ECEE23-F002-4CE8-A3A0-167694B79EE3.jpeg

FCC639DE-5B2C-42F9-883A-29DDDBFC3FCE.jpeg

A715256F-23D7-4AB4-B909-CD4C2E21DE5B.jpeg

Sorry for the last pic, the window reflection doesn’t help

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Now the part I’ve been putting off again, removing the mould line off the main canopy.
First with a new blade scrape off carefully, Then working with different grades of sanding stick until I’d removed all the marks. Just got to give it a final polish. Not quite as scary as the first one.
View attachment 463851

View attachment 463854

View attachment 463852

View attachment 463853

Sorry for the last pic, the window reflection doesn’t help
I've that to do on my Tomcat, though not the full length. I've a bit more confidence now.
Is that canopy gold tinted? Rather impressed to find one in a 1/48 F-16 on my shelf.