Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Not much of an update as I’m still on 12 hour days but these arrived in the post today. After talking about the decals I’ve gone for these. I’m going with the blue tail fin version and this also means only two grey colours on the actual plane as well

C29FF105-6FFE-4609-ABD6-798E2AAC0B40.jpeg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice work Mick and sorry to hear the job will get in the way of this. I can't wait to see which decals you decide on, but I know it's a long way down the road...

Prost
Allen

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I’ve just seen this one Mick. So sorry about that. It looks a great kit, and you’ve got some very nice extras. A cracking build so far with some great work going on. I’ve now pulled up a seat right at the back.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I’ve just seen this one Mick. So sorry about that. It looks a great kit, and you’ve got some very nice extras. A cracking build so far with some great work going on. I’ve now pulled up a seat right at the back.
Not a problem, it's just a downside of being on such a great site that has so much going off. Plenty of room for you :smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
Nice decal choice for the tail. This is a stunning build anyway but that blue tail will make it really eye catching. I hope the decals lay down nicely.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Andrew and Jim thanks for looking in again. I really hope these new decals look as good as the illustration.
My letter from Poland finally arrived with the wire I’ve been waiting for so back to my new F16 bible and have made a start. I rolled some wire to make the clips that go around the leg of the undercarriage before adding black painted wire for the hose. I have now started on the hydraulic hoses to. I made small brackets to attach them then ran them to their approximate termination points. There’s a lot more joints etc on the real one but I’m quite happy with the results so far. More to make and painting to do but some progress.
F726E60D-53D4-48BA-A101-F2AF2AD15313.jpeg
FDD96FF2-ADE7-43DA-BB45-9594A7D8DC29.jpeg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mick......you were just finishing up the Pilot's seat last time I checked in and now you are down to the landing gear. Those line clamps and Hydraulic lines look very realistic....turns a rather boring component into a point of interest. :thumb2:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Mick......you were just finishing up the Pilot's seat last time I checked in and now you are down to the landing gear. Those line clamps and Hydraulic lines look very realistic....turns a rather boring component into a point of interest. :thumb2:
That’s what I was thinking Rick. The main landing gear part is quite prominent and lacked a bit of detail. Thanks for having a catch up

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
;) And why not when you have 10 spares minutes!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Really nice work Mick. Love the finery!!! Isn't it amazing how you love to do the details, even though they may not be seen sometimes. Like I told you, it's that magic age my friend. This is going to an epic wing thingy build.......

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
;) And why not when you have 10 spares minutes!!
It seem such a shame as it’s a nice bit of etch
Really nice work Mick. Love the finery!!! Isn't it amazing how you love to do the details, even though they may not be seen sometimes. Like I told you, it's that magic age my friend. This is going to an epic wing thingy build.......

Prost
Allen
Many thanks Allen, I’m getting to understand more now of the modellers thing “I know it’s there”
Nice Radar!
Thanks Rick
You're really going the extra mile with this Mick. The undercarriage looks great.
Thanks for looking in again Jim