Tamiya 1;48 Mosquito

K

Keith9657

The mossie is as good as finished. I knocked a carburettor intake cover off so that needs sticking back on thats about it. I used Xtracrylics matt varnish for the first time and I'm pleased with the results. I gunked up my airbrush when experimenting up it thins nicely with water and dries with a nice finish. I may get some RAF figures and turn it into a small diorama of sorts but that all. I skimped a bit on the weathering due to it being canvas covered. View attachment 45926View attachment 45927View attachment 45928View attachment 45929

My next build will be the Airfix 1:48 Me 109.

Keith

View attachment 48984

View attachment 48985

View attachment 48986

View attachment 48987

mosquitocomp.jpg

mosquitocomp5.jpg

mosquitocomp6.jpg

mosquitocomp3.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job keith , its a mighty fine kit. I see you got the very delicate boarding ladder off the sprue in one piece ! , I managed to break mine into about four!!! cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Keith great looking Mossie,paint and weathering are spot on! I gotta get a Mossie for the stash,nightfighter version of course:smiling3:

K

Keith9657

Many thanks to all those who have helped me along with the way with this one. Though it was generally a problem free build it mght have remained in the back of the cupboard if Roger (Oggy) hadnt asked me how it was going. It was destined to become another unfinished kit at one point so a thank you to him also. I got the ladder off okay but kept losing it at one stage, despite keeping all my small parts in tin! I'm even considering another version in the night fighter finish but I might wait and see how Trey gets on! One of the othe things I forgot to mention is that the canopy is 'glued' on with Klear. I've had my CA fingerprint problems and other cements not working particularly well in the past so I put some Klear round the canopy and fuselage and let it dry. The good thing is you can reposition it for a good few moments till it starts to dry.

Keith

T

tecdes

Nice job Keith. Now is the time for a Wellington Bomber they look great together. The Mosquito for its accuracy & both tactical & strategic work. The Wellington for being there through out the war a true war horse. The two the mainstay of bombing despite the Lancaster (no controversy that is my opinion).

Laurie

PS the ladder Tony. Have had similar problems. Now just started taping a piece of sprue to fragile bits before cutting. Also cut the whole frame off the sprue & then cutting with a sharp small pair of scissors the fragile bit.

K

Keith9657

\ said:
Nice job Keith. Now is the time for a Wellington Bomber they look great together. The Mosquito for its accuracy & both tactical & strategic work. The Wellington for being there through out the war a true war horse. The two the mainstay of bombing despite the Lancaster (no controversy that is my opinion).Laurie

QUOTE]

I was thinking about the Lancaster actually, Laurie, but now you come to mention it...!

Keith