Tamiya M10 IIC Achilles

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers guys. :smiling3:

For a kit part it was pretty nicely detailed. I did think about putting a black wash over it but I don't think it needs it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I took the time to drill out (what I think is) the cooling jacket
It’s more the forward support for the barrel (that has a thicker area that sits just inside the front of the barrel jacket) with holes drilled through it so that air can cool the rear end of the barrel too. But yes, the holes are often very shallow on plastic guns, so drilling them out is definitely an improvement.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
As the others have said, that MG is brilliant!
Pete

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Bob,
Last time I looked you were opening the box....
Now I have caught up and the workmanship is a pleasure to view, I am a bit dubious with black undercoat, but you have pulled it off to a 'T'. :thumb2:
Mike.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Mike. :smiling3:

Yes, the black undercoat is necessary for the black basing technique, hopefully when the top coats are down I will have you convinced. :tears-of-joy:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good morning all. :smiling3:

I got the top coats down this weekend. At this stage I always wonder if I have put enough down as it still looks a little patchy, but usually after filters, washes and weathering it tends to all tie together. I will have another look tonight but I think I'm happy where it is.

IMG_20200315_205816.jpgIMG_20200315_205924.jpgIMG_20200315_205953_MP.jpgIMG_20200315_210019_MP.jpg .

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looks spot on in the photo's Bob

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'd be happy with that too Bob. As you say all the filters will tie it all together nicely

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

I'm glad of all the responses as I always doubt myself at this stage. I'll push on with it as it is, if worst comes to worst its an AFV, I'll slap on some mud. :tears-of-joy:

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I have just remembered I have a Toon Pershing built, but unpainted. Now I am 'working' from home for the next few weeks, I think I will be giving this paint technique a go.

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair

I'm glad of all the responses as I always doubt myself at this stage. I'll push on with it as it is, if worst comes to worst its an AFV, I'll slap on some mud. :tears-of-joy:
And there is the secret to great AFV modelling! :smiling:

Great job Bob - I tried a version of the mottling effect on my Merkava, but went a bit heavier with the top coat. I think your M10 looks fine though:thumb2:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Alistair. :smiling3:

I gave it a gloss coat last night so I can get the decals on and re-gloss over them. Once that's done I can unmask the turret as I still have a few handles & straps to fit, then it's on with the weathering.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Bob,
Leave it alone, the weathering will do the rest, great build and paint finish.
Mike.