Tamiya M20

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great detailing on that upper fighting compartment...it definitely looks time consuming with all of the handles, etc.. looks perfect..
Joe, Thanks fella the hard thing is trying not to ping them off every time you pick them up.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi, Greg, Richard and Paul
I didn't even know it was a folding bazooka, I knew it was a M20 or is the folding a nick name?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The M9 tube breaking down in half feature was the least of the improvements. The tube was strengthened to use an improved rocket (5" armor penetration in tests) and eliminated the batteries w/magneto. The iron sights were replaced with optics in A1 version I think. PaulE

First Name
Wouter
Hi mate, I missed a lot here. Quite the build you have going on. Great stuff to watch. I really like what you did with the interior. Keep up the good work!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The M9 tube breaking down in half feature was the least of the improvements. The tube was strengthened to use an improved rocket (5" armor penetration in tests) and eliminated the batteries w/magneto. The iron sights were replaced with optics in A1 version I think. PaulE
Thanks Paul, That is one of the great things about this site, the knowledge of the people on here, you learn something new everyday.
Thanks Peter.
Hi mate, I missed a lot here. Quite the build you have going on. Great stuff to watch. I really like what you did with the interior. Keep up the good work!
Wouter, no worries glad your here and you like what you see.
i thought immediately at crapgame...aahhahahhahhah
That's a great clip from a great film.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking build scottie!! Looks superb and a lot of hard work!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks Paul, That is one of the great things about this site, the knowledge of the people on here, you learn something new everyday.
I thought I’d watched a US Army training film about the folding Bazooka once, but couldn’t find it. This, though, probably tells you all you’d want to know about what makes the folding type special:

And for good measure, in case you really do want to know how to actually use one pose models holding the weapon correctly:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right on Paul. Not only was the A1 sight optical it was very early holographic! Have one in my collection. Cheers, Rick H.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cracking build scottie!! Looks superb and a lot of hard work!
Bob, Thanks mate I'm actually finding the detailing quite relaxing.
Right on Paul. Not only was the A1 sight optical it was very early holographic! Have one in my collection. Cheers, Rick H.
Rick, thanks mate appreciate the information.
I thought I’d watched a US Army training film about the folding Bazooka once, but couldn’t find it. This, though, probably tells you all you’d want to know about what makes the folding type special:

And for good measure, in case you really do want to know how to actually use one pose models holding the weapon correctly:

Jakko, Thanks appreciate the videos.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Had a little time at the bench today. I have removed the details from the main panels in preparation for the detailing and assembled them to the lower hull. A little filler was needed and will be removed later when dried. For those keen eyed amongst you, you may be wondering how I am going to fit the wheels now the fenders are fitted all will be revealed hopefully.

cheers
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats so nice Scottie. It really is starting to show its teeth now. Keep up the great work mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think I can safely say I am sick of tie downs. but they will look good when all painted up. I also added some missing rivet detail on the back of the fenders and replaced them on the front. The lifting eyes had weld detail scratched in to them where they meet the hull. Now all I have to do is carry on
with the detailing without knocking this lot off.

The other thing I noticed was the instructions showed the vision blocks on the side upside down. I reasoned righty or wrongly that the gutter should be at the top to stop water flowing down?

cheers Scottie

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
the more u build the more it looks stunning... can't wait (as usual) to see mooore

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Logical thought Paul but incorrect I think - see below

mate Greyhound-005_26-05-2012.JPG
assuming this has been assembled properly they are actually the other way up

Bullet/shrapnel deflectors rather than rain channels I presume :thinking:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks really odd, but it seems to be correct going by official US Army photos in Hunnicutt’s Armored Car. It must have been very popular with crews to have rain catchers on all the vision ports.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Really starting to have your trademark super detailing now. Those tie down thingies must have driven you mad but as you say do look good. As for the rain deflector whatsits - I would have thought like you but bow to Simon T's greater knowledge.
Jim

S

Spartan

Hi Scottie this is turning out to be a fantastic build. Your modelling and attention to the smallest details is brilliant. I look forward to the rest of your build.:thumb2::thumb2: