Tamiya M20

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My brand for many years. Bulls eye logo was green from 42 to 45 when changed to red (to attract the ladies) w/L.S.M.F.T. slogan added. Awesome detailing Scottie. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My word Paul you don't disappoint, exceptional work mate .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
And that's before your finished .
JohJohn
Thanks John, Lets hope it doesn't go pair shaped.
Hi Scottie, leave you for a while and I come back to some great modelling...just like cooking, leave whats in the pot to simmer and the flavours mix and come out nicely. Really lovely work. :thumb2:

It'll be a while before I get back into building. A close modelling buddy just passed away yesterday with a massive heart attack. In Muslim custom he was buried the same day and I attended the funeral at the Mosque and later last night at the cemetary. I apologies if I mentioned this here. Malaysian modelers are shocked...he was only 47.

Hopefully the Toon build will get me going again.

Richard
Richard, Thanks mate. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
Scottie

Nice work, look forward to the rest of the build.

cheers
Ross
Ross, thanks mate This is going to be a slow build hope you can stick with it.
Superb work Scottie, it doesn't get more real than this:thumb2:.

DIRK
Dirk, Thanks mate I must admit I am happy with the way it is going so far.
My brand for many years. Bulls eye logo was green from 42 to 45 when changed to red (to attract the ladies) w/L.S.M.F.T. slogan added. Awesome detailing Scottie. PaulE
Paul, Not a label that is seen over here to much but I know the brand from their sponsorship of motor cycling.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Paul,
Slow and steady...thats the way to do it. Although it will be hidden from view its good to know its there.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Scottie, nice work and time is an illusion, if you enjoyed the time you didn't waste it, and what you think takes 5 minutes takes hours sometimes. Carry on the good work sir.
Pete.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Quality takes time. I'll bet that doing this the hours pass unnoticed.
Jim
Jim, Your right about the time it does pass quickly.
Paul,
Slow and steady...thats the way to do it. Although it will be hidden from view its good to know its there.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, this build is really slow and steady. Due to the nature of this vehicle hopefully quite a bit will still be seen given the open top.
Superb detailing Paul, keep up the good work. :smiling3:
Bob, thanks mate glad your sticking with it.
Hi Scottie, nice work and time is an illusion, if you enjoyed the time you didn't waste it, and what you think takes 5 minutes takes hours sometimes. Carry on the good work sir.
Pete.
Pete, Thanks mate hopefully it will be time well spent.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Paul. You really are puling out the stops on this one. Getting those handles level must have been a headache.Top notch work mate

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning work Paul. You really are puling out the stops on this one. Getting those handles level must have been a headache.Top notch work mate
Thanks Steve, they don't look to bad there are one or two slightly wonky but I will let them go.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Scottie,
Just caught up on your build, everyone has said what needs to be said. I am totally blown away with the finish and detail you have added.
Cheers, Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Scottie,
Just caught up on your build, everyone has said what needs to be said. I am totally blown away with the finish and detail you have added.
Cheers, Mike.
Mike
Thank you mate that means a lot.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great detailing on that upper fighting compartment...it definitely looks time consuming with all of the handles, etc.. looks perfect..

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow l did not know they had a folding bazooka... that is great to learn every day... thanks Paul

Greg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
wow l did not know they had a folding bazooka... that is great to learn every day... thanks Paul

Greg

Greg, these were paratroop versions. I think first used in Operation Varsity. Could be earlier in Normandy or at Arnhem.

Cheers,
Richard

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Greg, these were paratroop versions. I think first used in Operation Varsity. Could be earlier in Normandy or at Arnhem.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard I know the existence of the M9 and M9A1 Bazooka... but i did not know it was in ToE in the M20... u can see them in use during the battle of the bulge and for sure later... The Paratroopers (17th Airborne) also used the brand new M18 recoiles rifle .... have a nice day

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Richard I know the existence of the M9 and M9A1 Bazooka... but i did not know it was in ToE in the M20... u can see them in use during the battle of the bulge and for sure later... The Paratroopers (17th Airborne) also used the brand new M18 recoiles rifle .... have a nice day

Hi Greg, you know the army types...always grabing anything they can get their hands on to work for them. Get palliwally with the quarter master.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just beautiful details Scottie. I think the M9 in June 44 & M9A1 was from Sept 44. Eisenhower thought a lot of the bazooka & would have introduced improvements to armored units as soon as available. Bazookas were even in truck TO&Es if assoc. w/armored units. PaulE

Last edited: