Tamiya M20

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
The picture I posted is actually an mate that I took at a vehicle rally but basically the same machine

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Logical thought Paul but incorrect I think - see below

View attachment 335657
assuming this has been assembled properly they are actually the other way up

Bullet/shrapnel deflectors rather than rain channels I presume :thinking:
Simon,
Thanks mate where would we be without you. Looks like my logic such as it is was floored but that wont be the first or last time:tongue-out3: I will have to try and remove them and scratch some new ones.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That looks really odd, but it seems to be correct going by official US Army photos in Hunnicutt’s Armored Car. It must have been very popular with crews to have rain catchers on all the vision ports.
Cheers Jakko, does look odd but pictures don't lie so will have to go with the evidence.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Really starting to have your trademark super detailing now. Those tie down thingies must have driven you mad but as you say do look good. As for the rain deflector whatsits - I would have thought like you but bow to Simon T's greater knowledge.
Jim
Hi Jim, Just hope I don't knock them all off now. John R said on another build just as you think you have got away with something Mr T pops up to put you straight and I am glad he does.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie this is turning out to be a fantastic build. Your modelling and attention to the smallest details is brilliant. I look forward to the rest of your build.:thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Kevin, thanks fella glad you like hope to see you along for the ride.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bummer Scottie. Logic does not always win out. Beautiful build though. Don't forget the tailpipe poking out of the right rear fender:smiling3:. PaulE

First Name
Wouter
So many tie downs indeed. Well, when one get's the hang of etch, one becomes a gluton for punishment ey. All too familiar feeling :smiling5:. Looking good there.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bummer Scottie. Logic does not always win out. Beautiful build though. Don't forget the tailpipe poking out of the right rear fender:smiling3:. PaulE
Paul, Your right but no biggy I will just have to correct the mistake. Tail pipe already done out of ally tube:smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
So many tie downs indeed. Well, when one get's the hang of etch, one becomes a gluton for punishment ey. All too familiar feeling :smiling5:. Looking good there.
Wouter, Yes your right sometimes it's worth the punishment.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Following the help from Simon. I have removed the incorrectly positioned vision ports and scratched some replacements. The picture showed recessed screws and not raised detail as on the kit part so I have replicated this but they are small so not sure if it will show after paint. The picture also showed weld details so I have added these as well from melted stretched sprue. Hopefully it will look ok when painted.

cheers
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Mr. Scott,

I think you can stop showing off now!!! Great fix on the un-rain guards Paul. They look tight. I can't believe you added all those etch tie downs. Did they all come from an etch set or did you make some yourself???

Oh, while we are on the subject of tie downs Bro, #'s 3, 16, 22, 39, 104, 156, and 208 on the rear deck are crooked. I bet you knew that though....………..

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Allen,
Good to see you buddy. Glad you like the fix. The tie downs come from an etch set normally I make my own but with that many to do and the fact they looked quite good I used them . I'm surprised that only those ones were crooked, I was nearly cross eyed at the end.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Buddy,

I can only imagine you being cross eyed from all those. How long did it take you???

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Buddy,

I can only imagine you being cross eyed from all those. How long did it take you???
Only an hour or so, I just did a group then did something else then another group. Rather like building track links lol.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
very accurate and the level of details is amazing... well done..

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Better and better. Modelling to inspire but your fetish with tie downs is something I would mention to matron on her next visit.
Could you please give a quick "how to" on using stretched sprue for welds. It is very effective.
Jim