Tamiya panzer iv ausf h early

J

John Rixon

Looks good, any idea when this kit was made? There's usually a date on one of the sprues.

\ said:
Looks good, any idea when this kit was made? There's usually a date on one of the sprues.
It was 1994. Really nice kit for its age. Would like to find a more modern tamiya kit to see how it compares.

J

John Rixon

\ said:
It was 1994. Really nice kit for its age. Would like to find a more modern tamiya kit to see how it compares.
Well, they've got a glorious Matilda, which I've built, and that is as good as kits get, in my opinion, perfect fits, excellent cast surfaces where applicable and a choice of tracks. Also a new BT7 and a Panzer 4 which are both new-tool. I think of '95 as fairly recent in kit terms, and only really popular models (Sherman, tiger etc, will have worn tooling, due to huge demand. But even the really old ones just need a bit of a clean up, and still go together nicely!

\ said:
Well, they've got a glorious Matilda, which I've built, and that is as good as kits get, in my opinion, perfect fits, excellent cast surfaces where applicable and a choice of tracks. Also a new BT7 and a Panzer 4 which are both new-tool. I think of '95 as fairly recent in kit terms, and only really popular models (Sherman, tiger etc, will have worn tooling, due to huge demand. But even the really old ones just need a bit of a clean up, and still go together nicely!
Yea have to admit I am yet to build a model that is a really bad fit. As you say a bit of cleaning up sorts most problems.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good,a nice base color for your tri-color,

good luck with doing it ,you should be fine,

and what a good idea with the drying rack, ;)

\ said:
looking good,a nice base color for your tri-color,
good luck with doing it ,you should be fine,

and what a good idea with the drying rack, ;)
Thanks. I dont think my girlfriend is impressed that I keep stealing the cocktail sticks.

I am going to practice the camo on some old milk bottles first.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do like it,very well done,looking good, ;)

N

noble

Hi Shaun, just caught up on this and its looking good so far, the paintwork is good nice work.

scott

\ said:
Hi Shaun, just caught up on this and its looking good so far, the paintwork is good nice work.
scott
Thanks for looking in. It has been an enjoyable build so far.

20160202_144652.jpg

20160202_160331.jpg

Almost there. Going to try some light weathering (if I don't get carried away and spoil it) Was thinking some sort of camo net would look cool but no idea where to start with them.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the camo turned out great,like the look of it, ;)

did you have any problems with the bracket lineup at all,

\ said:
the camo turned out great,like the look of it, ;)
did you have any problems with the bracket lineup at all,
Thanks Monica. I am quite proud of my camo.

No problems at all with the brackets.