Tamiya panzer iv ausf h early

\ said:
Surgical gauze makes good camo netting Shaun. The kind you find in Boots or Superdrug.
Thanks. I will check it out next time im near a boots or superdrug.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
as Patrick,said Surgical gauze makes good camo netting ;)

hears a pic of what I did with my 1V,this morning,gives you an idea, :D

20160203_083739.jpg

\ said:
as Patrick,said Surgical gauze makes good camo netting ;)
hears a pic of what I did with my 1V,this morning,gives you an idea, :D
That's great. What is the strap holding it on?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
That's great. What is the strap holding it on?
glad that you like it,I,use that tapestry thread, which I think works well, ;)

First Name
Robert
Definatly like the camo effect ( tri colour ) looks nice with all the armour plating in place too

Well done

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
Stretchy bandages are good for camo netting ( cut piece out square say 10 cm x 10 cm and gently pull the corners. You can spray paint with earth colours and accepts pastels too then wrap around barrel once dry and paste with a bit of Pva glue ( drys clear ) you can tease out some strands to look like leaf etc

Hope this helps

Robert

\ said:
Stretchy bandages are good for camo netting ( cut piece out square say 10 cm x 10 cm and gently pull the corners. You can spray paint with earth colours and accepts pastels too then wrap around barrel once dry and paste with a bit of Pva glue ( drys clear ) you can tease out some strands to look like leaf etc
Hope this helps

Robert
Thanks. I have a couple of methods to try now.

\ said:
Definatly like the camo effect ( tri colour ) looks nice with all the armour plating in place too
Well done

Regards

Robert
I like the panzer iv. The armor makes it look mean.

C

chris2681

\ said:
I think some form of dark wash is going to happen.
just a few tips Shaun , I myself like to darkwash the model as I build it. When everything is dark to start with I feel it gives the model depth and shadows. Affter the whole thing is washed you can then begin putting you color scheme on and it will be set back into all the lines and crevices. As you have already painted the model , I suggest using very thin water colors like acrylics to brush on some dark. It will sink into the crevices but not do much to the overall paint job. ;)

\ said:
just a few tips Shaun , I myself like to darkwash the model as I build it. When everything is dark to start with I feel it gives the model depth and shadows. Affter the whole thing is washed you can then begin putting you color scheme on and it will be set back into all the lines and crevices. As you have already painted the model , I suggest using very thin water colors like acrylics to brush on some dark. It will sink into the crevices but not do much to the overall paint job. ;)
Thanks for your advice. I will try to remember that for the next model I do.

20160323_000929.jpg

20160323_000703.jpg

20160323_000530.jpg

I fell out with my paintwork. I don't know why but I I just stopped liking my tank so had a little break and decided to give it a quick repaint. She looks a different beast and I feel a lot happier with it so far. Hope you guys like it too.

Last edited by a moderator: