Tammy Schwimmer

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Looking good. Seems a shame to paint it :tongue-out3:
Jim
Thanks Jim, I often think that myself when you see builds that have so much detail and I'm not including myself in that, that it is a shame to hide it all.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Its a production line of quality Scottie

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That’s looking sweet Scottie :thumb2:
Did you notice that, due to your influence, I had to pick one of these up when I spotted it at my local model shop :cool:

Which PE set did you use?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry Si if I have made you spend more money mate. The etch set I used was the Aber set 35080. If I build another one I would look at fitting a liner each side from thin styrene to hide the join on the inside.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It's small but big on details Scottie...it's gonna be bite the bullet and paint over all that's been done. Good job. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific work Scottie. Another feast of detailing to admire. Looking forward to seeing the next update

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's small but big on details Scottie...it's gonna be bite the bullet and paint over all that's been done. Good job. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, I have had a nightmare with painting this I have opened a thread for advice on painting.
Terrific work Scottie. Another feast of detailing to admire. Looking forward to seeing the next update
Thanks Steve Hopefully I haven't ruined this build.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, I remember seeing this picture of yours, er.......elsewhere!

Some great scratchery going on old lad. Top work.... :thumb2:
Now you mention it I was going to have a go at a schwimmer a while ago but don't think I ever did. It was the really old Tammy offering and I was going to try and make it swim but it got binned.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This build is on hold now as not happy with the result so far. I have a new airbrush on order so will resurrect it later. Its time to concentrate on the animal group build. I will be joining in with the Italeri PUMA. I look forward to seeing you there

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This has progressed a little since my last post. It is very nearly finished with just a few things to finish off, stowage figures and final weathering which will be completed when I know what I am doing with it. Time now to concentrate on the Puma build as unlike a lot of you I can only work on one at a time.

So a few pictures until it reappears.
comments welcome as always.
DSCF2014.JPG

DSCF2015.JPG

DSCF2016.JPG

DSCF2017.JPG

DSCF2018.JPG

cheers
Scottie