Tank repair - somewhere in Korea

C

CDW

thanks trey, if you want to throw any info that you know of my way -seeing as your dad served -.... please feel free.

T

treyzx10r

Colin I just went through my Dads old photos from Korea but there are very few with vehicles mostly shots of the landscape.There are some good hootch and machine gun pics(Dad crewed a .30 cal water cooled) I'm going to get them scanned hopefuly in time to share them with you before your build ends!

C

CDW

Yes please Trey, any real-life image is worth more than pages of written description in this case, i'd like to download them as well if you're ok with that (i know i could do it anyway but i like to ask)

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Yes please Trey, any real-life image is worth more than pages of written description in this case, i'd like to download them as well if you're ok with that (i know i could do it anyway but i like to ask)
Down load away Colin,I did a few snaps of the better ones if you want more will be happy to post them up. I'm hoping posting them here is ok with you if not let me know and I'll delete my post and put them where ever would be better.

C

CDW

They're fantastic Trey, thank you very much, keep 'em comin'

it's a Korean thread topic so i don't mind them being here at all, could be a reference point for someone in the future as well.

D

dubster72

Looks really good Colin, but a chicken? Where'd that come from!

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant extras Colin! I do like the Scale Models oil catcher bucket, nice touch.

The photos Trey posted are fascinating and a great help for Korea dios.....Isn't this forum great? Ask and ye shall receive.

Top stuff, keep the pictures coming....

Ron

C

CDW

\ said:
but a chicken? Where'd that come from!
As i understand it, there were three main breeds of chicken in Korea (Kenhong, Teong, Hum-jung), these inadvertently bred with the chickens that were brought over by the british and americans leading to a decline in the established breeds, this has been remedied in the last 15 years by line breeding only the most original looking birds to try and get the breed standards back.

mine came out of a box :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

View attachment 44820

Oh yes there'll be chickens, ducks, piglets and even a little woof-woof in this dio :smiling3: :smiling3:

View attachment 47976

100_42011.jpg

C

CDW

ok then, update time .....

Have added some more odds and sods to the shed, added some dried grass and a fern to the scrap dump, added a few more animals here and there, the jeep is just placed in situ to see what it looks like, finished the doors (added handles etc) the two trees are to represent young Ginkgo trees and will be finished off with sparse foliage (they're just there at the mo to see if they fit in with the theme)

View attachment 45068View attachment 45069View attachment 45070View attachment 45073View attachment 45074View attachment 45075View attachment 45076

Lots more grasses, foliage, tools and equipment to go on here still .... plus i've got a Sherman to build :smiling3:

View attachment 48193

View attachment 48194

View attachment 48195

View attachment 48196

View attachment 48197

View attachment 48198

View attachment 48199

Photo0804.jpg

Photo0805.jpg

Photo0806.jpg

Photo0810.jpg

Photo0813.jpg

Photo0814.jpg

Photo0815.jpg

Last edited:
D

dubster72

Very nice Colin, your farmyard ...whoops I mean tank repair yard is coming along nicely!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

thanks chaps :smiling3:

\ said:
your farmyard ...whoops I mean tank repair yard
he he he ... cheeky :smiling3: :smiling3:

just trying to reproduce a realistic scene from a korean based unit ... though maybe i should actually change the title heh heh

thanks patrick, i love your "off the cuff" replies - never predictable mate, keeps me on my toes :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
it looks absolutely quality bud so much to see love the ground work big 5 from me

geegad

T

treyzx10r

Colin,This is turning out really awesome! Looking forward to the next update!

First Name
Aaron
Yep, looking good Colin, The G.P looks great. Looking forward to the Sherman.