The Happy Hunter

M

mobear

meant to be good for the heart lol,i think its a lie,my chest was sore for days and my head was pounding for a week,though they put that down to me hitting the wall with my head

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Could have been right, i always feel refreshed after a good jolt lol, Some call it electric shock theropy. I think they administer it in the nut houses. Hadnt better have too much of that lol.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

First set back. The lower deck lighting has been a disaster, firstly i drilled one of the cables when fixing the handrails then i found that 2 of the 3 working LEDs flashed while the other stayed constant, then i decided to see if they would be brighter on 12v as 6 seemed very dim, guess what, yes you guessed it, i blew it. Now with only 2 working and one of them flashes i have decided to ditch the ones fitted and will make a modification within the hull to provide the lighting, this is a good thing as i can light up the hull portholes as a bonus.

I havent tried the wheel house lighting as yet but i will live with how it turns out. I have decided to fit as many rails as i can now ready for primer.

View attachment 57053View attachment 57054View attachment 57055View attachment 57056View attachment 57057View attachment 57058

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 59030

View attachment 59031

View attachment 59032

View attachment 59033

View attachment 59034

View attachment 59035

Lower deck handrails (1).jpg

Lower deck handrails (2).jpg

Lower deck handrails (3).jpg

Lower deck lighting (1).jpg

Lower deck lighting (2).jpg

Lower deck lighting (3).jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can't believe you did that. well confessed to it. LOL-

Seeing that you have run the wires in conduits, cant you just change them?

Its looking very smart though.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian. Admitting your mistakes is part of the build in my opinion even if i do look like a plonker lol. I did think of a rewire but the CA would have secured the LEDs well in place and the other thing is that the light was a blueish colour also and nowhere near bright enough to light through the tinted windows. I think it has worked out ok in the end as 1 12v lamp in the hull will light up the lower deck and the hull protholes rather well.

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

Well i agree 415v gives you a bit of a wake up call :smiling3: been there done that ... more than once to my shame.

on the lighter side of it ... who needs an avo or multitester if you have a wet finger for testing live :smiling3: health and safety would have a field day if they saw half us sparkies working eh? :smiling3:

I'm actually rambling (sort of on topic) coz i've run out of new encouraging and positive things to say on this build... (between you and Ron my vocabulary is exhausted:smiling3:)

Just get on with it and i'll look through me thesaurus for summot new to say :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

Ive done a little work on the rails and posts. These you have to put together yourself from 1.0mm and 0.8mm brass rod and some fine looking posts.

View attachment 57175View attachment 57176

Put together with a little care and a keen eye and they look fantastic. There is no drawing to make these to so you have to go off the pics in the manual for reference.

View attachment 57177View attachment 57178

I had made the air vent ducts earlier and now they are in place.

View attachment 57179View attachment 57180

And finaly in this section... the access ladders to the deck.

View attachment 57181View attachment 57182

Lots more to come guys.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 59145

View attachment 59146

View attachment 59147

View attachment 59148

View attachment 59149

View attachment 59150

View attachment 59151

View attachment 59152

Rails and Posts (1).jpg

Rails and Posts (2).jpg

Rails (1).jpg

Rails (2).jpg

Duct Vents (1).jpg

Duct Vents (2).jpg

Ladders (1).jpg

Ladders (2).jpg

C

Caledonia

Those fittings look top notch Andy, you must be please with the kit and your progress. Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Derek. I can honestly say that this Robbe kit is value for money. The quality is outstanding, the instructions are first class and the results are brilliant. I am very pleased with this one especially as its my first boat.

Cheers

Andy

Andy

M

mobear

first class rails there,and may i add you did them beautifully

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build so far Andy, such detail and craftsmanship.

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ole, i tried my best not to get a double step in it, it came out ok didnt it. Very pleased.

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
superb work buddy the detail is amazing as usual