The Happy Hunter

C

CDW

Thats a really nice smooth flowing line there Andy ... did you follow a template or freehand it when masking ???

S

steve244

got to agree with you all thats a fine job of painting i dont think i could get a line as straight as that

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Thats a really nice smooth flowing line there Andy ... did you follow a template or freehand it when masking ???
I used my home made gadget to draw a line and then masked along the line Colin.

Cheers

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work andy the rails look superb and the paint job on the hull is first class , cheers tony

M

mobear

i`m not allowed to swear,so i just have to say awesome,and no overspray onto the white awesome job

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys. Ole the magic is yet to come. i got to paint the deck walls without getting any on the black. Lets see if i can manage it when the time comes.

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One cracking paint job there Andy. Really nice.....I'm enjoying watching your skills moved over from the aircraft to The Happy Hunter....A sure fire receipe for success!!

Cheers,

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Cheers Ron. the feeling is mutual. Your work is inspiring.

Andy

M

mobear

really cool progress andy,still thinking i must get a gravity feed airbrush gives a nice coating of paint

mobear

S

Sky Raider

I have to be honest here Ole and please forgive me for this correction but the only parts painted with the airbrush on the decks are the stacks, i brush painted the other parts. Now if you refer to the hull i realy must agree, for a paint area of that size i did demand a lot from my IAWATA but it did reform as you have said with outstanding results. Normaly i would have used my mini spray gun to have done the job but i was too idol to set everything up when i had the airbrush sitting in the stand on the bench next to me.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

i just zoomed in on the stack tops yup brush strokes lol,still cool

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Yes Ole. The red tops are brushed the blue is with the airbrush, i did brush the blue first off but it look awfull so i put 3 coats over it with the airbush. The red is fantastic once you get 3 coats on it, you cant see any brushlines at all.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

I made some more progress on the deck painting. I also decided to change that horrible brown on the life rafts to white, another change i have made is the color on the stacks, i wasnt happy with the blue and decided to go to red, ill show you these when they look a little more presentable.

View attachment 57775View attachment 57776View attachment 57777View attachment 57778View attachment 57779View attachment 57780View attachment 57781View attachment 57782

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 59679

View attachment 59680

View attachment 59681

View attachment 59682

View attachment 59683

View attachment 59684

View attachment 59685

View attachment 59686

Upper Deck 050213 (1).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (2).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (3).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (4).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (5).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (6).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (7).jpg

Upper Deck 050213 (8).jpg

M

mobear

lifeboats look better,i will agree lol nice work on the rails too,are you gonna weather them or keep them prestine?and is the `mammoet`a decal?

mobear

S

Sky Raider

The mammoet is a decal Ole and should look better once the adhesive has cured a little. I did think of weathering this vessel but as im totally new to boats i have no reference to what it should look like. Ive searched the net for the Happy Hunter but have not been able to find much on her. The pics i do have have always shown her to be highly maintained and as you say in 'prestine; condition. The next problem i will have is with the type of weathering materials, as this boat will be used on the water and im not sure what i can use for weathering apart from the paints ive painted her with. Probably best to keep her looking like new for now.

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

Still looking the doggies danglies ... can't think of anything else to say apart from keep at it mate :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

keep her prestine Andy,will look immense i think,as its a working model the outdoors might give her a bit of natural weathering

mobear