The Old Neon Sign.

P

Polux

Good night Friends.

I suppose this is my weak point, I love to build dioramas over all, so here I am again....:oops:

“The Old Neon Sign” will be an absolutely different diorama, if I compare with the two I have built at the moment.

Remember the movie “Mary Poppins”? I will try to recreate a similar roof, with a funny “touch” :smiling3: an old sign letter. Thank you very much to John (Boss), so he gives me the permission to recreate a battered and rusty sign with the Scale-Models logo ;) .

All the set will be made at scratch build, scale 1/20. By the moment I have only a base (40x20 cm) and a feminine figure. I’m working with the letters on the computer.....and in a few days the figure will be finished.

Here I draw a picture, just the basic idea :P

View attachment 78374

I hope to correspond at the confidence that John gives me, so I will do it with my best effort!!!

And this is the figure. Isn't finished yet.....:oops:

View attachment 78375

View attachment 78376

View attachment 78377

Thanks

Polux

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sounds interesting Polux, will be watching to see what you get up too with this one, looking forward to next post :rolleyes:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sounds great Polux , very different and imaginative , looking forward to seeing the build , cheers tony

B

backonthecase

There's always an original idea in someone's head! This is a great idea Polux, you'll do a great job im sure

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very interesting Polux, look forward to how this develops...are you going to light up the sign?

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Very interesting Polux, look forward to how this develops...are you going to light up the sign?Si:smiling3:
I don't know exactly yet Si!!!

Should be a nice thing :P

Thanks

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful letter 'S' if the rest come out as good as this then it will stunning"

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Wonderful letter 'S' if the rest come out as good as this then it will stunning"Si:smiling3:
will look superb with some low light flashing leds :rolleyes:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
very different Polux, I for 1 will be watching with interest

ps this is what I love about modelling you can think outside the box and build something other than armour/planes :smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi :smiling3:

Well, a productive afternoon. ;)

The "A" letter has been an absolutely nightmare...... I'm worried now with the two "E" :confused:

Thanks for the comments!!!

Polux

View attachment 78399

These last letters aren't mask and sand yet :P

DSC_0165.JPG

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi :smiling3: Well, a productive afternoon. ;)

The "A" letter has been an absolutely nightmare...... I', worried now with the two "E" :confused:

Thanks for the comments!!!

Polux

View attachment 78144

These last letters aren't mask and sand yet :P
Brilliant, superb plasticard build. To sound a bit smarmy and fawning...you are one of the best for this type of work. Can't wait to see this come together.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh wow Polux that is just great, do like the style off writing you have picked , after the S the E,s are a bit off cake ;)

P

Polux

\ said:
Brilliant, superb plasticard build. To sound a bit smarmy and fawning...you are one of the best for this type of work. Can't wait to see this come together.Si:smiling3:
Maybe Si, but now I see the forum in colours....I'm poisoned of superglue!!!

:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks for your comment mate ;)

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Maybe Si, but now I see the forum in colours....I'm poisoned of superglue!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks for your comment mate ;)

Polux
Well at least you haven't stuck the letters to your hands or the work bench...done that a few times.

K

krow113

Made signs my whole life. Had my own neon shop. I can see the leading edge of your channel letters is not following the rear edge. We would use plastic face with a 1"-2" Trimcap edge on these type of channel letters. Or leave them open faced with exposed neon. Lots of variations. Good work and fun to watch.

Lemme know if you require tech input.

Thank you ,Steve

Z

Ziper_it

Great Polux.

So you were able to think out of the scheme and come with something absolutely new and unusual.

I already love it and I know it will be another masterpiece.

Francesco