The Old Neon Sign.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You made a good job of the first part of the sign Polux. I would of cheated big time and cut them out of thick plexiglass or bought them in an art shop.

Big thumbs up from me amigo.

Ian M

P

Polux

Thanks for your comment Ian ;)

Well, in fact is a mix of both.... O_o

I found this cardboard letters in an art shop.

View attachment 79391

I draw and copy on a plastic sheed (it has 1 mm thickness). Then I cut each letter with a scissors.

View attachment 79392

With a machine cutter I do a fine strips (5 mm width).

View attachment 79393

I use these strips to made the relief on the letter.

View attachment 79394

And this is the final result ;) Now need to sand some parts and add mask if there are some mistakes.

View attachment 79395

DSC_0235.JPG

DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

DSC_0238.JPG

DSC_0239.JPG

P

Polux

Hey guys.....have two questions.....:eek:

The first: I know it will depends by the form of the structure. But which you prefer?

A model?

View attachment 79397

B model?

View attachment 79398

And the second question is: Now is the 10 anniversary of the forum!! Is correct two write "Scale-Models 10th" or this means an other thing??? :eek:

Thanks for all!

Polux

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good Polux keep up the good work :rolleyes:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would make a smaller sign that said Est. 2004 (Est. = established) Polux.

I have a couple of questions, Do you own a laser printer or one you can use? It only need be a Black printer, but has to be a laser one....

Ian M

Z

Ziper_it

Interesting method Polux and letters are big than i thought.

My vote for option A.

Francesco

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
I hope to correspond at the confidence that John gives me, so I will do it with my best effort!!!

Thanks

Polux
Polux, I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I have every confidence in your ability to create a great piece of work, looking good so far.

P

Polux

\ said:
I would make a smaller sign that said Est. 2004 (Est. = established) Polux.I have a couple of questions, Do you own a laser printer or one you can use? It only need be a Black printer, but has to be a laser one....

Ian M
The "established" is a nice idea...and can be for always!

I have one, but it's not laser.... Anyway I can try to find somewhere that can use one O_o

Tell me... :P

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux, I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I have every confidence in your ability to create a great piece of work, looking good so far.
Thank you very much John!!

Just don't be despair with my slow work... :P

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have a mate that does this neat trick when he needs accurate marking for cutting out plastic card or even plywood. He builds model ships.

He copies the plans onto the computer and opens it in a picture program. Then he takes the part he need, and reverses the image so he gets a back to front picture. He prints that out on a laser printer.

Here's the smart bit, Put the image print side down on the plastic card and then using an iron (ask the wife what one of those is). Carefully heat the back of the paper by running the iron over it. The heat from the iron will transfer the "ink" from the print to the plastic. Carefully remove the paper and.... Da daaaaaaaa. the plan is now transferred to the plastic and is the right way round.

As I say, it need only be black and white, but you can use colour as well. Black for cutting, red for fold in, green for fold out, you can even use say yellow for where other bits need to be stuck...

Ian M

P

Polux

That is an absolutely nice tip Ian. Have to try it :eek:

Anyway is a corious thing, the laser ink be most weak at heat, than the normal one....

You give an idea for my next build :P Thank you !!

Polux