The Old Neon Sign.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hehe, fantastic stuff Polux, very creative. Is that Monica with her power tools again?

P

Polux

\ said:
Made signs my whole life. Had my own neon shop. I can see the leading edge of your channel letters is not following the rear edge. We would use plastic face with a 1"-2" Trimcap edge on these type of channel letters. Or leave them open faced with exposed neon. Lots of variations. Good work and fun to watch.Lemme know if you require tech input.

Thank you ,Steve
Thank you very much for the advice Steve!!

Will try to do justice at the neon signs! Just allowed me some "artistic license" :P I'm not an accurate modeller!

Cheers

Polux

D

Deleted member 3568

This looks really interesting can't wait for more that lettering is first rate

P

Polux

\ said:
What letter are we, Polux?Francesco
Errr.....I start the "E" of scale...:oops:

I can not build or do modelling all the week, only saturday...and made the Pinkie. Maybe today I found an hour and do something ;)

Don't worry, I don't forget this one :P

Thanks

Polux

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Outstanding job your doing here polux really top stuff

P

Polux

Yeah!!

Well.....I finish the "Scale" word. o_O

Seriously, have to write a formal letter to John (Boss), because he must change the name of the forum.....

Better a word with four letters like "Kits" or similar... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I think the last two letters are not equal as the first ones.... will take more care with the next word :oops:

Thanks

Polux

View attachment 78840

DSC_0179.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely work! How much is John paying you for advertising the site? :D

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Lovely work! How much is John paying you for advertising the site? :D Si:smiling3:
Mmmm....na,na :sad:

I do it because is more interesting than a simply "Hotel".

I'm really pleased that John give me his permision to build it. The first idea was a thread to build the "forum's pet", but I suppose the members maybe don't like the idea, and don't take part on it....

I know is a joke Si, but here, there isn't money or nothing similar.

Regards

Polux

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mmmm....na,na :sad: I do it because is more interesting than a simply "Hotel".

I'm really pleased that John give me his permision to build it. The first idea was a thread to build the "forum's pet", but I suppose the members maybe don't like the idea, and don't take part on it....

I know is a joke Si, but here, there isn't money or nothing similar.

Regards

Polux
Never entered my head that anything was agreed monetary or otherwise, as you point out, it was just a joke and no offence intended and as you're in the lovely Pyrenees, it is advertising the site over there, as folk will see your wonderful creation. What 'Forum's pet'? Not with you on that one, is that like members would create an animal or something that is a symbol of SMF? Or am I way off, usually am.

Si:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work Polux i think it turned out very well, :rolleyes: look forward to next update coming along very nicely ;)

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
polux you have done an amazing job i should imagine its harder than any kit you have built keep up the superb job

Z

Ziper_it

BTW, I've heard that John wants to change the name of the forum, something like "international forum for plastic and resin plane, train, car, ships and figures modeling".

Francesco

P

Polux

\ said:
polux you have done an amazing job i should imagine its harder than any kit you have built keep up the superb job
In fact I'm really afraid to build the building, well...the superior front part!

Anyway I'm happy because is my first serious attempt at scratch build :eek:

Thanks John