The Smythemeister`s Mossie...mk.VI /NF. Tamiya 1/48.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then Guys.....
I`m going to try another attempt at another plane,but not until i finish my car crash of a Spitfire build,(Which has now turned into a test bed for me) :dizzy:.... HOWEVER,you have to remember that i`m predominately an AFV builder who likes Aircraft...... BUT .......
,,, The minute i open a Plane kit box:money-face:......
.... my fingers fall off... i lose all ability to read the destructions... my eyesight diminishes by at least 75%...and i struggle to position decals... :flushed: ....
... apart from that,i`m good to go:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::hugging-face:!!...
SO then,i`ve gathered all the components i think i require for this build...
IMG20220702193611.jpg
IMG20220702193731.jpg
Some AM bits there....
IMG20220702193814.jpg
IMG20220701144509 (2).jpg
Oooops,not sure how that got in there!!;):dizzy:
Pics of the pre requisite stuff...
IMG20220702193859 (2).jpg
IMG20220702194004.jpg
... So it`ll be a while yet before i Crucify build this... but rest assured,i`ll be doing it with FULL on gusto :thumb2:.... and you never know,....a few tips i`ve learned from my Spitfire build!!
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

I've about to post some car crash pics of my 109s.....I'm sure you will be fine!!

ATB

Andrew

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
OK then Guys.....
I`m going to try another attempt at another plane,but not until i finish my car crash of a Spitfire build,(Which has now turned into a test bed for me) :dizzy:.... HOWEVER,you have to remember that i`m predominately an AFV builder who likes Aircraft...... BUT .......
,,, The minute i open a Plane kit box:money-face:......
.... my fingers fall off... i lose all ability to read the destructions... my eyesight diminishes by at least 75%...and i struggle to position decals... :flushed: ....
... apart from that,i`m good to go:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::hugging-face:!!...
SO then,i`ve gathered all the components i think i require for this build...
View attachment 456852
View attachment 456854
Some AM bits there....
View attachment 456855
View attachment 456856
Oooops,not sure how that got in there!!;):dizzy:
Pics of the pre requisite stuff...
View attachment 456857
View attachment 456859
... So it`ll be a while yet before i Crucify build this... but rest assured,i`ll be doing it with FULL on gusto :thumb2:.... and you never know,....a few tips i`ve learned from my Spitfire build!!
Thanks for looking in,
Andy
There was I, utterly empathising with all you said - THEN! You tickled my taste buds with a certain West Country delicacy - you Sir are a Cad and a Bounder!
Aghast of Essex *aka Steve)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, we have our local version of the pasty called the karipap or curry puff that's half the size filled with either beef, chicken, sardine or potato curry accompanied by our very own mosquitoes in 1/700 scale. Pesky little buggers that come out in the evening when you're enjoying a snack of karipap.
How about some nude shots of the sprues. :smiling6: Looking forward to see you whipping her up to shape.

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
And here I was thinking it was one of those bags you find in the seat pouch in front of you in an airliner.......Something about air sickness or the like.....I know, I'm a heathen I guess............You'll have fun with this build Mr. Smiff. No doubt in my mind........

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

I've about to post some car crash pics of my 109s.....I'm sure you will be fine!!

ATB

Andrew
As i`ve taken SO LONG to get this up and running,i`ve already viewed,enjoyed and commented on your "Completed Builds" mate!! :flushed:
Very dangerous showing a pasty bag, my blood pressure lol

Oh almost forgot with all the drooling, count me in
Hi Bob,sorry about that..... "OH NO I`M NOT"!! :tears-of-joy:
How could I resist that. I am sure you'll do fine. Fortified with experience from your Spitfire and a Dewdney pasty in the old tum it will be a winner.
Jim
Jim,the Spitfire is now behind me,a great learning curve that was:thumb2:,Pasties are GO..... so we have progress to report!!.......
I was counting on you to start and then I'd note your build !
Apologies John,however,i have now started..... honest!!;)
There was I, utterly empathising with all you said - THEN! You tickled my taste buds with a certain West Country delicacy - you Sir are a Cad and a Bounder!
Aghast of Essex *aka Steve)
Keep the Empathy coming Steve..... A cad and a bounder i may be,HOWEVER ....... i DO have the power of the Dewdney behind me :cool:!!
Hi Andy, we have our local version of the pasty called the karipap or curry puff that's half the size filled with either beef, chicken, sardine or potato curry accompanied by our very own mosquitoes in 1/700 scale. Pesky little buggers that come out in the evening when you're enjoying a snack of karipap.
How about some nude shots of the sprues. :smiling6: Looking forward to see you whipping her up to shape.

Cheers,
Richard
Evenin` Richard,your versions sound rather nice,but,i suspect if compared to one another,they would taste like COMPLETELY different delicacies ;) ,as for the sprue shots,i didn`t put them up as this is,i think,at least the 3rd build of this type already!!:anguished:
Nice one Andy,
Cheers Ian :thumb2:
And here I was thinking it was one of those bags you find in the seat pouch in front of you in an airliner.......Something about air sickness or the like.....I know, I'm a heathen I guess............You'll have fun with this build Mr. Smiff. No doubt in my mind........

Prost
Allen
Allen,If i knew of an Airline company that provided a free Dewdeny`s in your seat pouch,i`d use them ALL of the time!!:cool:
I so want a pasty now !
I'm sure that you will manage quite well Andy.
If you weren`t so far away i`d send you a PROPER one Ian!!;),and thanks for the encouragement .... i`m enjoying it..... so far!!:hugging-face:
Woo Hoo, Ivor Nothermossy’s pasty shop is open for business :thumb2: :thumb2:
Tim.... Yep,it sure is..... "Nothermossy`s pasty shop" eh?.... Definitely a sound of Discworld about that mate..... before you know it "Cut me own throat Dibbler" will be posting on this thread!!:flushed:;):thumb2::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

..... OK then guys,my,belated update coming up shortly........

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well then Chaps,
As i hinted to earlier,i have actually started my attempt at a Mosquito :dizzy:!!
I have to say,my problematical Spitfire build has stood me in good stead to take this on,also though,the fact that this is a Tamiya kit is a GREAT help!!
Anyway,enough yap,you`re all probably bored to death with Mossies now,so the LAST thing you wanna see is an AFV builder stumbling through a sacred Plane build!:tears-of-joy:..
.... So,i`ve spared you the basics,and will just post up the ENTERTAINMENT steps i`ve managed to OVERCOME fluke my way through:thumb2:.....
`ere we are then.......
IMG20220808192019.jpg

IMG20220811180919.jpg
Tim.... you like clamps mate?.... So do i !!:tears-of-joy:
IMG20220813121646.jpg
As the song said "All together now".... and with the steps sanded away that others have had issues with too:thumb2:......
IMG20220813122339.jpg
... Ah,at last,something i`m more comfortable in doing....... some FIGURES!!:thumb2: .... anyway,back to the tricky stuff,(For me anyway!!)......
IMG20220817192923.jpg
So there you have it.... well,NOT REALLY;).....
... I have done quite a bit more to all what you have seen here.....
... but i`m only going to post up several stages at a time,as i said,there are SO many proper plane builders doing these that i`m just intruding into their Airspace,(See what i did there?!!:tears-of-joy:), with my attempt,but i`m thoroughly enjoying it nevertheless!!:thumb2:
Thanks for looking in:hungry:.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Shift up guys, and pass me a cuppa , I'm deffo in for this one..
Andy. you'll smash it mate...(and not in the proverbial 'smashing' sense of the word),

I might have time to lift.. I mean grab, a few snacks from Matron's secret contraband cupboard before you start seeing as you've stirred my interest with the pasty.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Coming on really well Andy. The wheel legs look excellent, and you’ve solved the nascelle step very cleanly. No stumbling here that I can see, just quality modelling.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Andy you're certainly showing your true colours - you're a secret wingy thing builder. A fine job you're making of this. All neat and sorted. Carry on Sir

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
See Mr. Smiff, I said you would have fun building this puppy!!! And you're off to a great start too...Go Andy, Go!!!.....

Prost
Allen